drawing on a tactical map

This feature wish has the unique advantage that it has already been coded at BFC! :)

Dropteam had this nice feature that you could switch to a tactical (2D) map and draw several kind of arrows in different colors on it (IIRC).

The purpose was, since Dropteam was a 3D multiplayer game, to get the team organized.

The uses for CMBN would be thus:

1) Make notes for yourself - like marking where the openings in the bocage are

2) helps you remember your tactic - useful when you play several PBEMs and are old :)

3) would be great for AARs, tutorials and support from others

Optional: if BFC goes superfancy the arrows are OpenGL objects on the map itself

Okay - Dropteam was delivered FOR Battlefront. BUT: IIRC then Clayton - who was the (main?) developer for Dropteam - has been working on the Mac port for CMBN.

So the programs may not share code (yet!) but they share a developer!

:)

Really? I'm not too familiar with the Mac port for CMBN, being a PC guy, but I'm pretty sure it's not anyone called "Clayton."

Sorry - misremembered his name. I meant 'Clay Fowler'. His nick was 'Claytonius Rex'.

My apologies if this is not the same person.

Really? I'm not too familiar with the Mac port for CMBN, being a PC guy, but I'm pretty sure it's not anyone called "Clayton."

Clay Fowler was involved with the port, together with Phillip Culliton. But Clay did not, to my knowledge, participate in any other aspect of its design or testing.

This feature wish has the unique advantage that it has already been coded at BFC! :)

Dropteam had this nice feature that you could switch to a tactical (2D) map and draw several kind of arrows in different colors on it (IIRC).

The purpose was, since Dropteam was a 3D multiplayer game, to get the team organized.

The uses for CMBN would be thus:

1) Make notes for yourself - like marking where the openings in the bocage are

2) helps you remember your tactic - useful when you play several PBEMs and are old :)

3) would be great for AARs, tutorials and support from others

Optional: if BFC goes superfancy the arrows are OpenGL objects on the map itself

On a serious note, this would be a great feature, I'd love to be able to generate a topographic map from the CM maps, turn the elevations into contours and all that.