quick battles

Two ways:

1) If you want a platoon of them then you have to buy a whole battalion that includes assault guns and then delete the stuff you don't want. Select and delete the companies you don't want. Then you can delete the battalion HQ. Expand your remaining company (that has the assault guns) and delete the platoons you don't want then you can delete the company HQ. You should be left with a platoon of assault guns and your points should be a lot less.

2) Switch the drop down on the left from "Formations" to "Vehicles" (I think I have those names right) and then select the assault gun you want and press purchase a couple of times to buy the number you want. I believe that you can only do this if you have an HQ selected on the right hand side to assign the vehicles to. So even if you buy individual assault guns you still need to buy a whole formation and whittle it down like in number 1).

Two ways:

1) If you want a platoon of them then you have to buy a whole battalion that includes assault guns and then delete the stuff you don't want. Select and delete the companies you don't want. Then you can delete the battalion HQ. Expand your remaining company (that has the assault guns) and delete the platoons you don't want then you can delete the company HQ. You should be left with a platoon of assault guns and your points should be a lot less.

2) Switch the drop down on the left from "Formations" to "Vehicles" (I think I have those names right) and then select the assault gun you want and press purchase a couple of times to buy the number you want. I believe that you can only do this if you have an HQ selected on the right hand side to assign the vehicles to. So even if you buy individual assault guns you still need to buy a whole formation and whittle it down like in number 1).

I'm still wrestling with this myself. Seems darn awkward to have to do all that deleting in a "quick" system to get something you want to try out. I've used "automatic" as well and sometimes I get strange organizations like 6 or 7 PSW 222 (production stopped in 43 but yes some were still around) plus lots of other 8 wheeled AC. Sometimes I get panzers but only HMG squads with them. But often "automatic" will also give something reasonable.

But remember in trying to do this you need to pick the enemy side also or you may get a force much larger than yours after all the deleting or using "automatic" for them.

Btw, put "rarity" at none probably is best idea.

I haven'y been able to tweek it the way I'd like but I'm pretty much satisfied. I like the choice of maps although some are repeated but instead of flat terrin are now hilly. Would be nice to have the game maps in QB.

From what I've read in Jentz's 2 vol Panzer Truppen" the Germans discovered they didn't much like the Stugs in Normandy because their low profile made it difficult to sight enemy in all that bocage and tree & shrub filled terrain unlike the many open spaces in Russia.

Btw, this is being discussed in at least 2 other threads as well.

If you want a quick way to try out any vehicle, set combat force to "mix", purchase an FO team from "formations", select the FO on the right, change "formations" to "single vehicles" and then buy whatever vehicles you want to try out. You may need to change the "branch" on the left side of the purchase screen to the appropriate one for the vehicle you want (e.g. "armor"). Also note that the date of the battle can affect the availability of certain vehicles.

I've used "automatic" as well and sometimes I get strange organizations like 6 or 7 PSW 222 (production stopped in 43 but yes some were still around) plus lots of other 8 wheeled AC. Sometimes I get panzers but only HMG squads with them. .

The AI often gets weird stuff as well: My last QB I was US Infantry. By the end I found the Germans had started with 8 Guns (3 88s) 2 Pzfaust and just one infantry. I took out all the guns (in two clusters of 4) with mortars and took the objective with no KIA