Sumbarine wreck pictures.

Meach

The article seems to confuse port with starboard. Lubbers!

ummmm......

-engage Pirate mode -

Avast! me hearty. It looky like the scurvy dogs say she be listing to starboard which mean de boat be leaning to it's right ?

The photos be looking at the Port side o' de boat so de Starboard be facin de very bottom of Davey Jones' lockaar?

Do I be parlyin' right me bucko, or have I got me foc'sal betwixt me bowsprite' ?

arrrr

-end Pirate mode -

I'm thinking the exposed "aft" torpedo tubes are actually the for'ard torpedo tubes? I base that on where the conning tower is and it is closer to the left side of the photo than the right so the front is on the left of the picture?

This p!nk has better detail: http://sanctuaries.noaa.gov/missions/battleoftheatlantic/u352.html be sure to follow the p!ink to the detailed isometric sketch as all becomes clear.

Now you got me curious and I had another look at the photos. The bow is clearly on the left...The sail on these boats was forward of the midsection and this one is on the left, making the left side the bow. Also, on the left hand photo you can see two of the 4 torpedo tubes and the stern only had one. Also, on the far right side of the upper photo montage you can see the rudder sticking out on the bottom of the hull. The boat is lying on its starboard side all right, it just that they've mislabeled the photo on the left as the stern, when it is actually the bow.