An Idea - Out of Contact Roster for HQs

There is an empty TAB on the UNIT/FORMATION panel for HQs...

Why not use this to list the HQ's associated units C2 status (either in/out of contact with the selected HQ)?

Then you could click on an HQ and see immediately who is and isn't in contact (perhaps even illustrating type of contact).

Anyone else like this idea?

Well, I think it's a decent idea. Might as well use that panel for something, and this would make it easier to tell at a glance whether an HQ has all of its subordinates in command or not.

Even better, add colors/symbols for level of contact. Maybe green circle for voice, green square for radio, yellow + for visual only, and red x for out of command, er sumfink like that.

The question is - would a combination of both these ideas solve the lack of C2 lines in CMBN and provide enough unit info feedback? Personally I am glad C2 lines don't exist in CMx2, but something is needed. Would it satisfy those mourning the loss of the C2 lines?

Also, Is my suggestion of having to click on an HQ unit and then a tab one click too many? If the tabs are sticky (i.e. remain on the tab last chosen) I think it should work well.

...and I can't see it being particularly tough to implement.

The more I think about this the more I see the need for a new tab not nessary as this info could already be incorporated into the formation tabs already there. Basicly the only info there at present is green=alive, red =dead. If the primary function was changed to C2 then in this case greens say it is in radio, voice, or close eye contact. Yellow = distant visual, red = Out of C2, and dark red cross bones, or "X" = dead. This condenses, simplifies all the C2, and whether dead or not already in an existing 2 tabs simplifying it.