Where to find human opponents ?

Back in the days of the original CM games, the reason I loved them was playing against human opponents... Since that was so many years ago, I've lost all my contacts so I'm asking here what are some good places to find people for tcp/ip and pbem games ?

LOL how many times will we have this thread? :)

I as well as the three above, I gave some more pointers in this thread.

I should make a new one adding the three above eh?

GaJ

Probably many times until BF improves their site for MP opponant finding. It makes no sense to me why we should have to rely on outside sites to get a game. Having it here seems more logical, and easier for the players. Perhaps a lobby accecable under the Community tab with real time chat, and a board connected to it to post games. Once a game accepted the poster would check accepted, so all know the game is full. The postings would include the following info: If it a particular map or senario. What size, and type battle, what forces the poster wants to play, WEGO, or RTS ect.. People can find games that way, or by just chatting in the lobby. When I played "Sudden Strike" this was the way we got games going. The lobby we used was Gamespy which had an attaractive easy on the eyes chat design(black background with white, and some colored types.). It worked, but it would be HERE on BF site.

Some good ideas in here on opponent finding. They're right in that BF should be setting the stage for MP gameplay.

I just can't believe it's 2011 and we have to enter an IP address and TCP ports. Boggles . . the . . mind.

At least the SP realtime is sweet (I love starting/stopping the action), and that there is still PBEM.