A bit of AT gun/crew "buggy" behavior?

Two examples:

#1: In one scenario I started with an AT gun deployed just outside a building, behind a low wall. A few turns in and I see that the crew and gun are now inside the building. I didn't see how they got there but they had been under an arty barrage, so I'm assuming they retreated to cover...and took the gun with them.

Anyway, the true bad news was that from that point onward in the scenario they would not respond to commands (even though healthy and in good order); the crew just seemed to "mill around" the gun, with the gun facing backward, away from the enemy. I tried move, face, etc all to no avail.

I don't recall for sure but I don't think AT guns are even supposed to be able to enter buildings at all, are they?

#2: Moving AT guns. I've tried both moving one with the crew and limbering one to a vehicle, moving, and unlimbering.

In the first example, the crew pushes the gun around in kind of an epileptic dance, and seems to have trouble figuring out how to face in the direction I tell them. It eventually works, but it looks silly, and takes forever (not just slow movement---it should be slow with a bigger gun---but slow for them to figure out how to redeploy)

In the second example, I got a gun limbered to a halftrack and got it moved to the new location, but the trouble started when I unlimbered. Again, the crew pushes it around so that it appears to be break-dancing with it, the gun faces just about every direction of the compass during the process, etc. I try issuing "face" and "move" orders to get it to settle down but nothing seems to work. Finally after about three turns of watching this hilarity, I see them get it deployed and eventually face the right direction. Again, it took way too long to push the gun ten feet and turn it 45 degrees. But mostly it just looked ridiculous.

Anyone else seeing those sorts of behaviors? Not game-breakers by any means, it just seems something is fishy with the AI and AT guns/crews.

Either that, or I've just had some AT crews that were piss-drunk :D

Maybe. I had some incoming arty' date=' and I then bailed the crew from the gun to seek cover in a nearby building. When they returned to the gun they wouldn't re-man the gun.[/quote']

Oh yeah, I've had that too. Was wondering if I was missing a command or something but I just left them there with the gun (no longer under fire, one casualty, good order, gun undamaged), moving them around a bit on occasion to see if that would "trigger" them, but they never re-manned it....so I just ran them off to the front line for use as infantry :(

Cull, I saw the same break dancing iwhen trying to move one of the AT guns in the Demo's Busting the Bocage scenario. It was hilarious, but annoying. After about 10 minutes, the gun finally arrived at the spot I designated---a whole 10-15 feet away, from the road ditch to the middle of the road!--but the crew continued its frenetic, methamphetamine-induced dancing.

Cull, I saw the same break dancing when trying to move one of the AT guns in the Demo's Busting the Bocage scenario. It was hilarious, but annoying. After about 10 minutes, the gun finally arrived at the spot I designated---a whole 10-15 feet away, from the road ditch to the middle of the road!--but the crew continued its frenetic, methamphetamine-induced dancing.

Alright cool, sounds like we have an issue here that needs addressing.

To be honest it's not like you do a whole lot of AT gun shuffling in the vast majority of scenarios so it's not (as mentioned) "game-breaking" by any means, but it's bad enough to be immersion-killing and potentially, in some instances, quite harmful to your chances of victory.

I will add to this complaint, pretty sure the at guns have a bug when trying to move them with infantry. I have no graphic problems running the game on my machine. But I have tried moving the guns with their crew and watch the gun jump views 180 degrees from itself multiple times and take forever to move a few feet. I am sure that is not what is wanted. Does similar things during hook-up to transports.

Alright cool, sounds like we have an issue here that needs addressing.

To be honest it's not like you do a whole lot of AT gun shuffling in the vast majority of scenarios so it's not (as mentioned) "game-breaking" by any means, but it's bad enough to be immersion-killing and potentially, in some instances, quite harmful to your chances of victory.

Also true moving German 75mm infantry guns. They don't appear to be break-dancing, just very drunk.