QBs: auto and Human force selection.

I have been tooling around with the QB generator, trying to get an idea of the forces that are randomly picked in various types and sizes of battle.

In a, by no means exhaustive, survey I have found that in the majority of cases there is no overall force HQ. Sometimes there is an HQ which covers most of the force; sometimes no overall HQ at all and, very occaisionally, there is an overall HQ. This, it seems, can also apply to the 'suggested' selection as well.

I thought that there had to be an overall HQ for C2 purposes?

Manual selection, on the other hand, always seems to produce a force with an overall HQ.

Is this a bug, a feature or just something that I do not fully understand?

I've done the same kind of testing for Huge QBs and there is often one and sometimes 2 battalion HQs. They are much more likely to be there if the computer takes a substantial amount of infantry -- which unfortunately it only does sporadically. In about 1/2 the games I've tried the AI went all armor :( This was with force type on "Mixed". Could we please have a Balanced force option?

I've done the same kind of testing for Huge QBs and there is often one and sometimes 2 battalion HQs. They are much more likely to be there if the computer takes a substantial amount of infantry -- which unfortunately it only does sporadically. In about 1/2 the games I've tried the AI went all armor :( This was with force type on "Mixed". Could we please have a Balanced force option?

I have the same concern regarding force mix. The AI rarely seems to bring an appreciable amount of infantry. Even when I restrict them to "infantry only" they seem to prefer load up principally on anti-tank guns and whatnot.

Been having the same issue. In my last QB on a tiny map with a small battle size I bought for myself 3 platoons of infantry, 2 HMG's, 2 ATG's, a StuGIII and 2 medium mortars. I gave the probing AI 10% more and he bought 1 sherman, 1 halftrack and a LOT of HQ's and HMG squads. Then he proceeded to attack with the HMG's in open terrain instead of laying down suppressing fire with them. It was a slaughter with only a few casualties on my side.