Better overview of firing during end of turn report

I like to play through my battle report from level 7 (ie 'god view') first, then zoom in to see how certain key fights played out. Unfortunately, at the moment it is easy to miss when your own or other people's inf or armour gets killed and it is often very difficult to tell what killed it. Of course one might not actually know who killed a specific unit, but it's still frustrating. You don't really know how a battle went until the end - and often not even then. Any chance of restoring (for example) as an option the lines showing you who is firing at you if you are selected as it happens (where you know)?

Well, if you select the unit that is receiving fire, it will "highlight" all the enemy units that it sees...so you could assume that if you see them, they see you. That would give you a place to start looking. Also, if you lock the view on that unit, you normally see inbound tracers..even from units that were previously not visible to you...giving you a "general" direction of the fire.

As you go up the difficulty ranks (which settings you pick for each battle) your ability to get info directly becomes harder and harder...much like real life.

If you are having trouble figuring out what killed one of your tanks in all likelihood the unit doing the killing was not spotted. I had an enemy AT gun fire 3 shots the other day before it even became a ? contact.

I doubt the target lines will ever return. Under this model each infantry unit can target it's own thing. Therefore theoretically a full strength single platoon should have 30 lines flowing from it.

But again if you are having trouble figuring out what it is doing the killing it is most likely a spotting problem that targeting lines wouldn't fix.

The best way to do this is to play WEGO. Hopefully they will find a way to implement playback in real time mode. Still, even in WEGO playback, it is hard sometimes to determine what KO'd your unit depending on, as Wildman has stated, the difficulty setting.