New file at the Repository: Vin's animated text CMBN v1.21 (2011-05-21)

This is the latest version 1.21 for CMBN compatable. DO NOT USE the v1.21 from CMSF. It is not compatable with CMBN. This mod changes the soldier stat text to make it easier to distinguish the actions of each soldier in the squad, and seperate teams within the squad by use of type styles, and symbols. It gives the text an "animated" feel. To change anything to your preference just unpack, change, and repack using the CM mod tools. Special thanks to Vein, and Astrocat for their contributions. Enjoy! Legend:////// = moving(------- = firing\*^*/ = aiming(???) = hidingAll other symbols are added to the end of the word such as: Medic (+)ect...

More...

I think yes. You will need to exract my brz file giving access to the string text. From there you would find the german equivlent words to the english ones I have changed. Change the german words to their symbol equivilent. I can't see why it would not work. You are more than welcome to post a german version if you want to share it.

Is green the only color you can use? Just curious, be nice to see things like firing in red and whatnot.

The text is hardcoded, so green is the only color it can be. Sorry no red. I will think you will find the symbols to be enough to having important things pop out in all green text.

Glad you did this Vin. I was using the old CMSF version and all my Germans were talking Syrian!

Yeah, I know that was strange. So many things are compatible between Cmsf and Cmbn, but evidently the strings file is not one of them. Enjoy this version for CMBN fellas!