Quick Battles less than 30 mins - please.

I am trying to encourage a new player to play PBEM but 30 turns is a bit long for him to commit to.

We'd love to try a few shorter games to get the hang of it.

Is lowering the minimum length of time in QuickBattle a major reprogramming issue? I would have thought it would be pretty easy to alter.

I am trying to encourage a new player to play PBEM but 30 turns is a bit long for him to commit to.

We'd love to try a few shorter games to get the hang of it.

Is lowering the minimum length of time in QuickBattle a major reprogramming issue? I would have thought it would be pretty easy to alter.

No harm in more options, I agree, but this is fairly easily replicable without coding effort by BFC. Cease fire in CMBN is not like it was in CMx1 against the AI. The player can cease fire at any time and the battle ends with no prejudice (unlike surrender). If you're playing your friend, just agree in advance to cease fire after 15 minutes unless you both want to continue...

I've got 'lazy' recently, play only as long as I want and cease fire when its time to return to the real world. :)

There might actually be an issue with 15 min QBs, at least the ones played against the AI. The map needs to hold reasonably comprehensible AI orders sets for single play. AI orders that would work for both 15 min and 2 hrs is rather hard to pull off. Playing against a human opponent you can have 5 minute 'gunslinger' fights if you want. "Cease Fire" is your friend.