New Module on Afghanistan Please !

Hello and welcome.

Sorry, there will be no more modules for Shock Force. However someday there will be Shock Force II which will be between major powers in a temperate climate. We don't know who yet or when though. Maybe the French army will make an appearance then in a module. Sorry but you're never likely to see Israel or Libya unless some third party company does it like they did with Afghanistan.

Hello and welcome.

Sorry, there will be no more modules for Shock Force. However someday there will be Shock Force II which will be between magor powers in a temperate climate. We don't know who yet or when though. Maybe the French army will make an appearance then in a module. Sorry but you're never likely to see Israel or Libya unless some third party company does it like they did with Afghanistan.

Of course they are not but as CMSF is simulating modern warfare in Middle east that would be great doesn't it ?

Well even guys behind the scenes would LOVE Israeli units. But unless there's a game with the IDF vs Islamic Republic this wont happen. If it was a game with US and French, I would be just as happy to go against France as whomever they select! :)

You must have your own reasons for this. Anyway I am not mistaking politics & wargaming. :confused:

You must have your own reasons for this. Anyway I am not mistaking politics & wargaming. :confused:

Yeh I don't get it either. I have long wanted an Arab Israeli war game in the CM series but apparently the subject is taboo.

Always thought it a bit odd that proposing a hypothetical of Syria being invaded is fine but gaming an actual historical event is not.

They need to learn to just kick out a game that is politically correct but that has the tools in it to let us the players design battles in taboo areas of conflict.

Give the wargamer the tools and let them decide what is appropriate to model.

It is the only way to solve the issue. Some do not want certain wars to be represented, others long for the ability to recreate them. neither side is totally right or wrong. But players should make the choice, not the company. CMSF never did give the terrain or troops to model other areas other than the middle east, I am glad I did not invest in it. To limited and boring. They need to find a balence in giving the war gamer tools and giving it out in quantities that make the profits fitting for their running of the company.