Mac users not getting email problem

Loving the game but can BF please stop saying to the many Mac users that never got the email telling us we can download our pre-order that the problem was on our side and the email was screened as spam somehow?

That is just not that easily clear cut, and the numerous comments on not getting the email for mac only users seems to say there might be an issue with your mac user email notification? Now as many I have to go to your home page and see my physical order status to see if it has shipped yet as I have no confidence I will get an email.

Should't be hard to check on your side that sends email notification and see if your mac user base is getting email notifications for either being able to download or getting physical shipment.

Did any Mac users out there get either the now you can download your pre-order email or the your box has shipped email?

I got my pre-order confirmation email but not go get the game now email. Odd. Didn't matter as the first email had the link to download in it, and BF staff were right to say that within a few seconds of someone getting that last email, they'd gone ahead and posted they were downloading on the forums. Once I knew one had it, I knew the first email link would work. But odd that I haven't even yet got the second email. It's not been trapped by my @me.com account as spam, either. Just never got sent I reckon.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the mac.com or me.com address: I have noticed some sites do not recognize them as valid domains.

I used a Gmail address and didn't receive the email either. It was not caught by the spam filter. The blanket response that it is a problem with the user or his email is somewhat offensive. I, for one, am not entirely stupid and know how to use Gmail.

Emails get bounced through a long series of servers and filters. It may not have gotten caught in *your* spam box necessarily, nor is it necessarily a problem with you knowing how to use Gmail.

I'll see if I can't get Moon to comment on this.

I got the confirmation e-mail, but not the game available e-mail. My address is not Gmail or other general names - wonder if the two lists are separate, and BF accidentally only mailed one of them.

(Checked the spam - and it was not there either).

Still haven't received the Game Released notification and the problem is not at my end. As soon as Moon suggested that we put your address on our white lists, I did that and that was a couple of days before the game was released. Also checked the sequestered spams list last night, and nothing from BFC was on it.

BTW, in a related issue, I checked the USPS website, and it appears to me although the wording is not always that clear, that there is no way I can initiate a tracking number from my end. That is something that is generated for each mailing address when you inform USPS that you have packages for them to transport. You are then supposed to inform the recipient of it so that he can use it to track deliveries.

Michael