Demo PBEM files

When you get the full game, try placing your DEMO PBEM files in the appropriate like folder in the full version and try it out. I would doubt that this method would work, but it might.

Until someone comes along with an official answer.

hi chaos49 has asked me to help clarify his question as he is not completely fluent in english

what his question is

we have started pbem battles in the normandy demo and are asking when the game is released will we be able to transfer our demo EMA files to the full game and play them to completion in full game or will we have to finnish it in the demo game thus having to switch between demo and full games

hi chaos49 has asked me to help clarify his question as he is not completely fluent in english

what his question is

we have started pbem battles in the normandy demo and are asking when the game is released will we be able to transfer our demo EMA files to the full game and play them to completion in full game or will we have to finnish it in the demo game thus having to switch between demo and full games

My understanding is that you will need to finish the game using the demo. Of course as Nidan1 has said you can always try it out when you get the full game to verify if this is correct. You should use caution when trying this as it may appear to work correctly at first but cause unpredictable results later.

Worst case you will still be able to complete your game by using the demo and I think this is the safest approach. I know swapping back and forth will be a temporary pain but it may be necessary.

On a related issue this goes for patches and updates as well. From past experience with CMSF I know that you can never be 100% sure that saved games will be compatible with previous save games. So plan on finishing all games before applying any patches.

Hope this helps to clarify...