Morale question

Ok, I'm sure this one can be answered by the CMSF guys who seem to have the new GUI taped.

How can I tell which of my units are about to break or are routing ? So far all I can see is that if I can't give them orders, they're routing.

But the GUI information doesn't seem to add up - ie. I've had units that have "Rattled" in the GUI, but they wont take orders so are presumably Routing.

Then I've had other units that have "Broken" showing, but they DO accept and carry out orders.

And also - does a [-1] in the Rattled window mean they're more rattled than the guys with a [+1] Rattled ? Or is it the other way around ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also - is there any chance of someday seeing some sort of visual representation a la CMx1 showing healthy guys AND casualties for a particular squad ?

Eg. you can't tell if you're looking at 6 guys whether their squad started off with 12 guys ( in which case they're likely to be pretty brittle morale-wise ) or 8 ( in which case they're not so badly off ).

Even just a (12/6) or (8/2) simple number representation by, say, the unit name, would be useful.

Cheers

Morale will have more impact here than CMSF cause in CMSF your sqds tended to go from just fine to pinned to wiped out. It was hard to extricate them from trouble once they got pinned.

A "Broken" is a unit that is has recovered from being "Panicked" or "Shaken". Page 94 of the manual talks about this in better.

The -1 or +1 is a morale modifier specific to that unit. It doesn't change and is not a reflection of their current state. So the same amount of fire is more likely to panic a -2 unit than a +2 unit.

The manual doesn't talk about the lesser morale levels but I think it goes OK, nervous, rattled, then pinned (which is in the manual talks about) and onwards.

Cheers.

Do they get better from Broken or are you stuck with it ? ( sounds like it equates to the little red light they used in CMx1 which told you they'd routed at least once. )

Edit: A thanks, a read of pg94 helped a lot - seems like my CMx1 analogy is correct. Good to know.

Thanks for the explanations.