Checking LOS from waypoints

I've seen mention in several posts here that you can click on a way point, choose "target", and check LOS from the waypoint.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but this is not working for me. Each time I click on the way point, the target line / los originates from the current position of the unit selected not the waypoint location. Do I need to hold down shift or alt or something?

Is this a RTFM question?

Thanks in advance.

I've seen mention in several posts here that you can click on a way point, choose "target", and check LOS from the waypoint.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but this is not working for me. Each time I click on the way point, the target line / los originates from the current position of the unit selected not the waypoint location. Do I need to hold down shift or alt or something?

Is this a RTFM question?

Thanks in advance.

The line originates from the current position, but the LOS indication (blue/red/grey) is for the highlighted waypoint. It is slightly confusing.

One of the most helpfull commands in the cmx2 engine, i think. YOu can even pick a unit, set a waypoint at an enemy unit and see everything the enemy unit has LOS to, feels almost like cheating.

Wow.. I never thought of using it that way.

It's a bit more obvious once you've set it once, since a new 'targetting line' will appear, and that one's origin is the waypoint you're working from. I have to admit to being somewhat puzzled as to why the 'scanning line' can't be made to originate from the position of the waypoint rather than the unit's current position. The origin for the calculations obviously has to have moved...