Good forum troll riposte by using Corvidae's immortal lines ...

Worthy of a sigline & a good riposte to some coming here being "not so clear in their thinking" ...

Originally posted by Corvidae:

I think [the original poster] reads better after a bottle or three of tequila; we got the victors history crowd, the hollywood as history crowd ... the dogmatic propaganda crowd, the "lets rehabilitate Hitler" crowd...and the honest historians who are trying to figure out the whole mess.

any guesses on who I'm sharing my tequila with???

I'll toast that.

There are always those who argue from ignorance and/or prejudice, and trying to reason with them is futile: therefore a bottle or three of your favorite is often an appropriate response. FWW mine is Glenfarclas 105, rather than tequila.

Richard Feynmann summed up the problem of trying to argue with or explain things to those who are insufficiently prepared, when a reporter asked him to explain magnetism: "I can't explain it in terms you are familiar with because I don't understand it in terms you are familiar with"

There are always those who argue from ignorance and/or prejudice, and trying to reason with them is futile

We try, very hard, to allow the widest possible array of opinions and forms of expression on this Forum. But sometimes... well... it's akin to someone posting in Sanskrit. The poster might have a valid point to make, but who could tell? A couple such posts can be entertaining in their own way, however it soon becomes annoying, and if kept up a distraction. If the person can't be redirected to using English (i.e. comply with Forum rules), then that person should post on a Sanskrit forum instead of here.

Steve

We try, very hard, to allow the widest possible array of opinions and forms of expression on this Forum. But sometimes... well... it's akin to someone posting in Sanskrit. The poster might have a valid point to make, but who could tell? A couple such posts can be entertaining in their own way, however it soon becomes annoying, and if kept up a distraction. If the person can't be redirected to using English (i.e. comply with Forum rules), then that person should post on a Sanskrit forum instead of here.

Steve

And, as I mentioned in another post, I think this forum shows a general level of maturity (Peng thread excepted) that is pretty rare for gaming sites.