Vichy France creation does not work

I asked Hubert whether or not Vichy creation was handled by script or by the engine and he said it was by the game engine. However, I don't see why it couldn't be done by script. Not sure how to move out the Axis units though.

In earlier editions it always has been handled by scripts. Territory scripts can not create countries as i understand - i have tried, then i would need to have the Vichy capital at the map at the start of the campaign (i have that for a few other countries). Another workaround maybe could be to change the surrender_1 script so that the Vichy France and different other French new countries could be German that surrender the turn after they becomes German.

Hi Cantona

It's probably the case that this was only introduced with the WWI engine, but territory scripts certainly can now create countries.

If you look at the main WWI campaigns you'll see that quite a lot of new countries are set to be created by territory scripts, linked in with Decision events.

Give it a go and let us know whether or not this fixes it.

In Global, i had Reichskommiseriat Ukraine and Ostland created by territory scripts, and then the units did not surrender, but these countries where not actually created, the capitals Minsk and Kiev where already capitals but surrenered to USSR at the beginning.

Yes, quite strange, but i created a test campaign there i emptyed France of units and just lifted in paratroopers and occupied Paris at the first turn and then i discovered that both the territory anmd surrender scripts in fact was activated, all French countries was created twice. So after i removed the territory scruipts the surrnder scripts still worked.

Hi Cantona66,

If it worked in previous versions it should work the same with the WWI engine as I have it working this way for the WWII mod we are working on.

Is the trigger perhaps not 100% or could there be something else delaying the DECISION event from firing?

wlape3, off hand I don't remember the discussion but I can confirm that Vichy creation is indeed handled by script as it is a function of the DECISION event firing followed by the SURRENDER_1 events etc.