New file at the Repository: Poppy Fields Forever (2011-04-25)

When I put this in my CMA scenarios folder it doesn't appear in the list in the game. (This is for CMA and not CMSF right?)

Actually, now I looked, I also don't see "The Bear and the Wasps Nest" or "Outpost Assaulted."

Anyone else having problem getting these scenarios to show up in the scenario list in the game? Mine is patched to v1.02.

Good stuff Chops.

I thought it was fun.

SPOILERS... kinda.

I advanced so slowly that I actually got a tactical defeat, I took the Northwest town phaseline and extraction point fairly easily, but it took me 50 minutes to get there. Then I started on the eastern one and was almost meeting the goals and the game ended. Im so overly cautious with my men, its pathetic. You give the player an overwhelming force its kinda hard to lose... unless youre slow as hell like me. Really liked the map and the scenario, but a more aggressive player I dont think will have much problems with it.

PS Put more rpg teams hiding in the towns. ;)

All seems ok now I transferred all game files to the new CMA install location... except that OUTPOST ASSAULTED still does not appear in the CMA scenarios list.

Was that made for an earlier version? Anyone else have problems with that scenario?

I havent played CMA enough to be familiar with all the scenarios, but it is not listed under my battles list.

Maj.J,

Thanks for the feedback. I am the only one to test this scenario. It has 5 AI plans, so if you have time give it another shot and let me know what you think.

I quite enjoyed it, so Ill give it a few more plays.

• 4 weeks later...

I played it again, and tried to be more aggressive. Wow, much tougher than I intitially thought. I would have to totally recant what I said earlier. Towns were just swarming with muhjadeen, I was getting it from every which way. Ill probaly give it another go, because on my last attempt it was a 'draw'.

Good deal, Chops...nice to see Afghanistan isn't being totally ignored.

If CMSF is the redheaded step child now that CMBN is released....CMA is like the weird cousin they keep locked in the attic.

I am hoping with the patch there'll be some renewed interest.

Mord.