German crew weapons and coax.. problem?

After viewing the VAAR/AARs, something doesn't seem right.

Where is the MP38/MP40 carried inside the german AFVs?

This was not something random, this was standard. BFC loves the stuff that was written in stone.

The US get their "Greasegun", now be cool and give the germans the frickin' MP. :P

That's like in CMSF where the opfor crews only got pistols. Pretty sure there would be something heavier.

Also, the Sd.Kfz 234/1 seemed to have an MG34 as coax (Correct me if I am mistaken), but it should be the MG42.

No game breaking stuff, but the crew MP shouldn't have been left out. If BFC decides to give the crew an MP40 the game would probably be delayed another ten weeks. :P

(The delay part was a joke. Had to let the old people know.)

Well, any thoughts?

Gimme mah game!

After viewing the VAAR/AARs, something doesn't seem right.

Where is the MP38/MP40 carried inside the german AFVs?

This was not something random, this was standard. BFC loves the stuff that was written in stone.

The US get their "Greasegun", now be cool and give the germans the frickin' MP. :P

That's like in CMSF where the opfor crews only got pistols. Pretty sure there would be something heavier.

Also, the Sd.Kfz 234/1 seemed to have an MG34 as coax (Correct me if I am mistaken), but it should be the MG42.

No game breaking stuff, but the crew MP shouldn't have been left out. If BFC decides to give the crew an MP40 the game would probably be delayed another ten weeks. :P

(The delay part was a joke. Had to let the old people know.)

Well, any thoughts?

Gimme mah game!

I know that most Pz VI had at least a rack for the MP-40.

http://tiger1.info/EN/MPStowage.html

It was pretty common for the crews (in both the T-34 and a lot of the panzers) to unmount a MG for self protection. I'm pretty sure that the CMx2 engine doesn't support this as the issue's been up previously (for the HUMVEE).

Maybe with the new crew dismount option developers are worried that it might be exploited, turning the crew into supplementry infantry when the AFV is cutoff from a key firing position by terrain.

IIRC in a previous battle, two hidden germans were able to overcome a squad that stumbled upon them cowering behind a low stone wall.

Well, if the germans don't get the MP, then the Americans shouldn't get one.

The guys hiding behind the wall weren't crewmen (thinking about the AAR here).

-

Why make it random?

Other than the beta screenshot, I have yet to see ANY german crewmen with an MP.

I've seen plenty of US crewmen with SMGs.

It's not random.

If I call BFC lazy, I'd get a ****storm coming my way.

And I don't think they are lazy, so I'm good.

Maybe there aren't enough info on the subject?

But it seems plentiful.

Why make it random?

Other than the beta screenshot, I have yet to see ANY german crewmen with an MP.

It's not random.

Wrong. I just bailed out a bunch of US and German crews in the editor and the commander usually but not always gets an SMG in either army.

Well, if the germans don't get the MP, then the Americans shouldn't get one.

The guys hiding behind the wall weren't crewmen (thinking about the AAR here).

-

Why make it random?

It's not random.

If I call BFC lazy, I'd get a ****storm coming my way.

And I don't think they are lazy, so I'm good.

Maybe there aren't enough info on the subject?

But it seems plentiful.

No you'd a get **** storm because you were wrong and too lazy to search :P. There are SMGs in all the tanks, it's just that trying to get out of burning on, grabbing the SMG is not a priority.

In more recent builds the tank crews don't always have a SMG as they did in earlier ones. If a crew gets a SMG, that makes a lot of difference if the engagement range is really short as it was in many of the situations in the video.

Note that almost none of the US crews survived. They might have done some damage here and there, but overall they were wiped out fairly easily.

Steve

I'll agree that AFV crews in general (German, American, or otherwise) should get an SMG. Though I do like the idea that bailing crews may occasionally not have the SMG, due to need to bail quickly, panic, or whatever. It would surprise me if BFC has preferentially treated American AFV crews, and given them SMGs, but not the German crews. Hopefully, this is not the case.

I'm not sure that pulling a full, rifle-caliber MG off of the vehicle is necessarily something that's within CM's scope, though, even when the MG is relatively easy to remove, such as it is for vehicles that have a pintle-mounted MG on the turret. I can see crews doing this when there wasn't much time pressure, such as when preparing for (on foot) security duty for a tank formation that stopped for rest & resupply. But generally, it's not something I see tank crews as likely to do when bailing from their tank in the middle of a firefight.

Grab an MP40/M3 grease gun and a couple of Mags on your way out of a disabled tank before the ammo cooks off? Sure; I'll buy that, at least some of the time. Detach the MG42/.30 cal Browning from the turret, grab a belt or two of ammo, and then manage to clamber down from the turret with this load, all while bailing out from a disabled (and possibly burning) vehicle? Not so much.

You can do it in Crysis 2 so it is certainly feasable.

Indeed. As some may not be aware, BFC used Crysis 2 as a test bed for the soldier-level AI in CMBN. Basically, they'd play Crysis 2 for hours on end, and then tweak the CMBN soldier AI based on the tactics they found effective in Crysis 2.

This 11th-hour research was actually largely responsible for several months delay in CMBN's release, but I'm sure it will be well worth it in the realistic soldier behavior we see once CMBN is released.

Indeed. As some may not be aware, BFC used Crysis 2 as a test bed for the soldier-level AI in CMBN. Basically, they'd play Crysis 2 for hours on end, and then tweak the CMBN soldier AI based on the tactics they found effective in Crysis 2.

This 11th-hour research was actually largely responsible for several months delay in CMBN's release, but I'm sure it will be well worth it in the realistic soldier behavior we see once CMBN is released.

YD, you blabbermouth. You might as well go all the way and spill all the beans. The fact is, all the CMBN code was reverse engineered from Crysis 2. There I said it. I hope you're satisfied.

Michael