CMBN on Mac

I realize this has probably been asked before, but when CM:BN is released for Mac, will the version of OSX that a user is running be a factor? Specifically, will it matter if one is using Snow Leopard or the upcoming Lion? I realize this may be a silly question, but I have recently started using Mac OSX on a Macbook and really like it. I was planning to replace my old Windows XP desktop with an iMac, the only issue is whether to buy Snow Leopard now or wait for Lion. As a longtime CM fan, thuis is THE ONE game that I for sure want to work well on any new machine I get. Thanks for any info, and I will not ask WHEN it will be available for Mac...

I can't imagine it's going to be a problem which OSX you are running. I hadn't even considered for myself. I have a personal rule of never upgrading the Mac OS for the first 6 months since very often there are initial issues that require ironing out. So, personally speaking, I would plan for Snow Leopard and not worry too much about Lion for now.

BFC has already stated that CMBN will require 10.6/Snow Leopard, and will not work on earlier OSX versions.

No official word on Lion. But considering that developer builds of Lion are already available from Apple (and as an Apple developer, BFC should have access to these), I think it's a pretty safe bet that BFC doesn't foresee any major issues with running the game under Lion. If they did, they'd be scrambling right now to come up with a contingency plan. The CMx2 engine is their platform for the foreseeable future, so if they expect to stay in the Mac market, they'll need to get it running on Lion one way or the other (not that I think this will be a major problem).

So as far as CMBN is concerned, I think it's a pretty safe bet that you'll be OK with either Snow Leopard or Lion. There is always the chance of some teething problems with Lion when it first comes out, but these should be resolved fairly quickly.

Myself, I'll probably keep using Snow Leopard for at least the rest of this year. Some of the changes coming up in Lion look pretty nice, but my current system is 3.5 years old now, so I'll probably upgrade to a new computer sometime in the next 12-18 months, and I think I can wait until then for the OS upgrade.

10.6 is the minimum requirement. The iMac will have Snow Leopard (10.6) installed already. Just hit the software update and you'' have the latest 10.6.7.

10.7 (late summer?) will be a $29 or $129 upgrade or somewhere in-between.

As a dev I already run 10.7 on a non-production machine at home. It's nice. I'll still run CMBN on my 27" iMac with 10.6.7 when it arrives though.