Will it be possible to add exit zones to scenarios like in CMx1

Once you've reached the point where your troops are hemmed in against the map edge with no place to hide, my guess is that you've already been totally defeated and losing the remnants doesn't matter. But maybe I'm misunderstanding your question.

Actually i should of worded it different, im talking about exit zones like the ones in CMx1 so im going to chang ethe thread ?

Yep, exit objectives/zones are back. And you can paint them anywhere on the map you like, in any shape size etc.

Will they work the same as CMx1, points for only well ordered units, or to put it another way, will the game know whose routed and who isnt ?

Will they work the same as CMx1, points for only well ordered units, or to put it another way, will the game know whose routed and who isnt ?

I *think* anything that exits counts. If you have CM:Afghanistan, it works like that.

Mind you, if good order is important to the mission, there is the Condition Parameter that can be used as a separate objective.

Once you've reached the point where your troops are hemmed in against the map edge with no place to hide, my guess is that you've already been totally defeated and losing the remnants doesn't matter. But maybe I'm misunderstanding your question.
In purely victory point terms it doesn't but it helps to build immersion and create secondary objectives for the player.

I have fond memories of playing Yelnia Stare on the CM:BB demo and spending just as many turns performing a fighting retreat to the board edge as I did actually defending the position.

Exit Zones can be used in two ways: with or without unit objectives. If there are Destroy objective(s) put on unit(s) and there is one or more friendly Exit zone(s), then the enemy will score points if he can destroy the units or prevent them from exiting. So, the player with units meant to exit must get them to the exit alive or the enemy gets points.

A unit doesn't have to be designated this way to use an exit zone, all units can use one.

Thanks Sergei, however, I don't understand your explanation. Will you try again using Blue and Red rather than enemy friendly?

I know this was explained in another thread, but still not getting it.

Isn't an Exit Zone similar to a Touch objective? Let's say Red is assigned an Exit Zone objective in the Editor. If Red moves units into the Exit Zone won't Red receive points?

No.

Unit objectives are set up for the opposing side. If the US 1st Platoon is set as a DESTROY unit objective worth 100 points, then the German player will recieve 100 points if the entire 1st Platoon is destroyed, or a fraction of 100 equivalent to the fraction destroyed.

Similarly, If the US 1st Platoon is set as an EXIT unit objective worth 100 points, then the German player will recieve 100 points if the entire 1st Platoon is destroyed or fails to exit, or a fraction of 100 equivalent to the fraction destroyed or which fails to exit.

Ahhhh...thanks. I think the light bulb just went off. I was thinking of Exit Zones in terms of Terrain Objectives. However, it seems from your explanation that Exit Zones are in fact Unit Objectives...correcto?

Exactly. The exit zone is just there to mark where the units will exit.

Mind you, if good order is important to the mission, there is the Condition Parameter that can be used as a separate objective.

ND, since things are clicking today, maybe you can resolve this long standing question for me regarding the Condition parameter. I have sent PMs to Steve, Moon, Phillip, and posted this several times, but have never received a response.

This is what I posted previously -

The problem is with the functionality of the Condition parameter and the way it is presented within the Editor.

This is how these parameters appear in the Editor within the Game when setting Victory Points -

Friendly Condition > X%

Enemy Condition < X%

This does not make sense, based on the definition of Condition in the Manual which is as follows -

Condition (friendly and enemy): if the player keeps his percentage of wounded, incapacitated and routed soldiers below this percentage and pushes the enemy above another percentage, he is awarded the respective victory points

So when a Scenario designer sets the Condition Parameter for Friendly in the Editor, it looks like this -

Friendly Condition > (greater than) 20% This means greater than 20% of Friendly Troops are panicked, routed, etc...

Enemy Condition < (less than) 30% This means less than 30% of Enemy Troops are panicked, routed, exhausted, etc...

The problem lies with the orientation of the > and < signs in the Editor. They are backwards, and don't make sense based on the defintion of Condition.

A player wants to keep his panicked, routed, troops below ( < ) a certain percentage not above!