Licensing problem

I have succesfully reinstalled and licensed CMSF up to and including the British Forces module. However, when I try to install the NATO module, the following message appears. " The program can't start because elicen40.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." I have checked and elicen40.dll is in fact present. If anyone can help me with this problem it would be much appreciated.

Are you absolutely sure that you installed the NATO module into the correct directory ? The default path for 32-bit versions of Windows is usually this:

'\Program Files\Battlefront\Combat Mission Shock Force'

You should see the NATO module executable here:

'\Program Files\Battlefront\Combat Mission Shock Force\Modules\CMSF Nato Module.exe'

If you can find this, then copy (NOT move) the 'elicen40.dll' and 'msvcr71.dll' files from the base CMSF directory (in the first path above) to the '..\Modules' directory and then try to launch the game and license the NATO module.

• 4 weeks later...

In anticipation of CMBN I loaded up SF and... can't find my Key. I've searched my email for the key to no avail. Is there anywhere I can contact that would have a record of the purchase? I bought it back when it released and I do specifically remember getting it via download as its the first game I had ever purchased that way.

Any help would be great, hope I'm not SOL. :eek:

This is covered in the Knowledgebase at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk, but for your convenience here is a quick summary:

If you purchased after Oct 1, 2007, then your key is stored in your online account at www.battlefront.com. After logging in, click on "My Account" from the top menu.

If you forgot your login, go to www.battlefront.com/lostpw, and enter the email address you used for the purchase. You will get an email with a new random password and your username (called "User account") in the same email.

If you purchased before Oct 1, 2007, then you can go to www.battlefront.com/helpdesk and click on Submit Ticket. We can try to find your order in our legacy database. Make sure to include as much info as you can to make it easier to find the order, such as: game title (many people forget this!), full name, email address used for purchase, rough date of purchase, etc.