AI question for quick battles

How do you know which AI enemy units are going to belong to what group for a random/user setup quick battle. I set up an enemy AI routine for 2 groups. Selected a quick battle on this map and watched as the AI force followed group 1. Since the player can pick his own force by parameters what determines this force to be split into groups.

I took a look at existing QB's and they are using different groups.

thanks

I got that down. I wasn't very clear in my question. But figured out the problem in creating a QB map is you have to actually plot setup squares before order 1. Whereas in a scenario you can skip the AI set up squares and go straight into order 1 order 2 etc. because in a scenario the opposing force places in the red zones. But in a QB the opfor sets up in the yellow squares.

Anyways all good now. Thanks.

All CMSF QB Maps have multiple plans but each QB Map is designed using just Group 1 Orders and pathing. Efforts were often made to split the pathing orders up by various means. But it was entirely at the whim of the AI to supply units to each pathing lane. The redesigned CMBN QB has addressed these issues.

All CMSF QB Maps have multiple plans but each QB Map is designed using just Group 1 Orders and pathing. Efforts were often made to split the pathing orders up by various means. But it was entirely at the whim of the AI to supply units to each pathing lane. The redesigned CMBN QB has addressed these issues.

Not sure If I get your meaning, I have set multiple Group orders ( 3 actually) in a QB. And the AI has divided his force into these 3 different setups and they went in 3 different directions following the order plots.

I take it then the AI randomly divides this without regard to force order or combined arms etc.