Red V Red+Blue?

Funny, the search button was never my friend! ;)

When making scenarios you can 'change horse in mid stream.' Chose Blue vs Red for a battle type, select some Blue units, go back and change the scenario to 'Red vs Red', and go back and add Red units to your already selected Blue force. Simple!

Depends on the context. Special Forces normally wouldn't be assigned the role of infantry in a CM type environment (i.e. on a battlefield opposing a company or battalion level force with heavy weapons or armour); it's a waste of their training. They're great soldiers, sure, but not supermen. They die of lead poisoning as readily as anyone else. The few times when brass mistakenly tried to use them as an assault force on a hazardous mission they died like flies; e.g. Panama. That's what Rangers are for.

In a battle, you'd normally see Special Forces either directing ("advising") a local allied force, acting as FACs to call in air support (and hopefully prevent it hitting the good guys), or at most being snipers from outside effective enemy range. My own thought would be to use entirely Elite headquarters and spotter teams.

As a SEAL friend of mine noted: Special Operators try to only get involved in unfair fights, at times and places of their own choosing. That means ambushes. By the time the enemy knows what's hit them, the counterfire only hits empty scrapes.

The scenario I am designing is an attack on a farm held by uncons. I am using green combatants with a bit of light tecnical support who have been killing urdish villagers in reprisal raids. The attacking force is a handful of US special forces with a large group of regular fighters who are meant to be Kurdish insurgents fighting Syria for their independence supported by the invading US forces, so they aren't really fighting heavy armour, more sort of showing the kurds how it's done.

My advice would be to make the VC such that the US units are worth a LOT more if killed or wounded than are the Kurds. You can do that by setting specific unit objectives for RED and identifying the American units. Be sure to mention it in the briefing. That will force the Americans to be a lot more circumspect.

Not sure about the "show them how it's done" part. MITT teams deliberately DON'T do that in general, since it just encourages the locals to let the foreigners risk life and limb instead of doing their own fighting.

That's actually part of the problem in Libya at this moment; the rebels are sitting back hoping NATO airpower will do the heavy fighting for them. That is of course impossible.

There are some cool uses for this. Blue side doesn't have 'spies' for instance. So you can briefly switch to Red vs Red and pick up a couple 007 super agents to scout out the town ahead of your men. If distant memory serves this gametype switching isn't really a 'feature', its more a 'bug' that proved so universally popular that that they decided not to correct it. :D