File transfer to emulate TCP/Ip Turn base turns....

Check out www.dropbox.com

I am on the PanzerCommand Ostfront beta and they have this built into the game itself. It is pretty slick. All you do is play your turn and it automatically sends it to the online dropbox folder. Your opponent is notified and he runs his turn. Back to you and so on. No saving, exiting, sending, restarting. I dont think this was in the original PC game. These guys put it in on their own. Go to the Matrix games forums and ask those guys they will help you out in setting it up.

I am on the PanzerCommand Ostfront beta and they have this built into the game itself. It is pretty slick. All you do is play your turn and it automatically sends it to the online dropbox folder. Your opponent is notified and he runs his turn. Back to you and so on. No saving, exiting, sending, restarting. I dont think this was in the original PC game. These guys put it in on their own. Go to the Matrix games forums and ask those guys they will help you out in setting it up.

Cool thanks I will give it a try!

It works very well (assuming the files are not 100s of MB - which I’m guessing yours wont be).

Its basically a “slice” of their server on the Web. You get 2GB free for personal use.

The Dropbox application gives you access to a “share”. You copy your file onto the share, you opponent then sees the file (they will get a pop up message on the desktop say “file X has arrived”) and copies it off onto their machine (into the right location) and can then open it.

Its the same process as we went through earlier except this is on the Internet and the other was for an internal LAN.

Feel free to drop me a PM if you run into problems.

+1

Dropbox is a good work around. Annoying to have to use it, but still best solution.