Peace with Russia, Question!

:confused:Peace with Russia, Question!

In my current game with the CentralPowers I managed to make Russia

ask for peace something I accepted.

That done Several minors come to become free minor states

including the baltic states, ukraina, crim to mention a few.

My question is why does the minor states that german occupy become

neautral minor states?? At the time I accepted the peace with Russia

I as German held all three of The baltic states Estland, Lithuania, Letland.

but they still got free and become neutral minor states and my army forced

outside their borders. I would mind so much if the german got a question

asking if he wanted to make them neautral states but to automaticly lose them when he makes peace with Russia seem really strange and odd.

Also Poland become part of German but how does that work since it came up some text about Poland but I didnt get the meaning if they was now part of german or Poland counted as a surrender minor nation ?

Can you please clarify these questions please!

If I may add also, what happens if you don't accept surrender? Will I get the whole country if the NM goes to 1 ?

Hi vonRocko and Worg64.

This question can be answered with a look into the official (and free) Strategy Guide (can be found in the "manual" folder):

quote:

"DE 620 - Germany: Sign The Brest-Litovsk Treaty with Russia?

Event fires: Automatically on or after the 1st August 1914 when Berlin is in Central Powers hands, Germany is aligned with the Central Powers and fully mobilized, Russia is aligned with the Entente and fully mobilized but having undergone a Bolshevik Revolution after Lenin was sent to Russia in DE 619 and with her National Morale having fallen below 10%.

• Cost of accepting: Germany receives 300MPPs.

• Yes: Russia withdraws from the war and Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia and the Ukraine will all become independent neutral states. Bolshevik attitudes opposing the war will stop spreading to Central Powers units

• No: Russia will stay in the war until its National Morale has fallen below 1%, and Bolshevik agitation will continue"

So if you decide to fight on, Russia will surrender when it fall back to a National Morale of 1%, but your National Morale will suffer because your own soldiers will be "infected" with bolshevik ideas while staying in Russia

Unfortunaly i don't know if all the neutrals will be still created if you deny the Brest-Litowsk treaty, or what kind of plunder you will receive, if you have to leave german troops behind in Russia or not.

The neutrals will still be created and you will still only get Poland if Russia's morale goes below 1%. I think even more neutrals will be created actually. I have no idea what happens when you capture both capitals however, but I doubt that would give you the entire country as it would be grossly overpowered to get all their territory.

The minor countries will be created however Russia leaves the war, the incentive being for you to now switch your focus to the west where the war can be won if either France or the UK can also be knocked out of the war.

Poland will come under German administration so your economy will still benefit from a portion of your conquests, but the minors act as a buffer zone to discourage you from expending further attention in the east where the victory has already been won.

The new nations are generally friendly to the Central Powers but not that friendly that they will welcome German troops marching through the countryside to drag them back into the war. You can use diplomacy to bring some of them into your camp if you wish, but Central Powers strategy needs to focus now on the west if they are to win the war.

Hi Bill

Can you explain why you have made it so that the minors of Russia, that German already have

conqured still get to become neautrals when Russia sue for peace???

Thats really unlogical! I could understand if German got a choise with

positive and negative aspect like the 300 MPP keept or similar

but just to becme neautral regardless is not realistic nor logical at all. :mad:

As for preventing Germany to attack Russia by acting as a buffert one they do not, on the contrary

I smacked them as fast i could with my tropps in the west and then shifted east, after all they hold

valuable resources.

That said I dont mind minor states of Russia become neutral minors when Russia sue for peace but

they should ONLY be able to do that if they have not been conqured before hand, thats my opinion.

Hi

The reasoning is for simplicity's sake, because once Russia is out of the war I really wanted to avoid players getting bogged down in fighting out the Russian Revolution and Civil War. Instead, the intention is to focus attention on where the war needs to be won - in the west.

Defining what has or hasn't been conquered beforehand can get very complicated given that some of the new countries are so large, e.g. the Ukraine.

I'm not sure that there is an easy solution, but I guess that your major gripe is with the loss of income if you have already conquered any of these territories?

Bill

Yes well I guess it is not so much a big deal when playing against

the AI but against another player it could be very important.

I can understand the simplicity reason here

but it would be good if at least the baltic can be conquered.

Ukraina is a much bigger country and have as you say a

much greater impact in the game as such.

I would suggest that at least you make the Baltic countries being able to be taken over

by the Germans by making them conqured seperately much as any minor countries.

I guess that shouldnt be so difficult.

Vilnus, Riga and Talinn can be the capitols for these minor countries.

I guess it would nice to get a decision event for every minor country to be created after the Fall of Russia.

Why not giving the CP a morbid reason to keep troops in the east?

Why not tempt the CP player to waste his victory with a greedy decision?

Wasn't this exactly what happened in history?

With all those conquered teritorries the Germans got greedy, and let about 1 millions soldiers stay in the east while the war was to be won or lost in the west.

So tempt me. Apply to my lowest impulses. Make me lose my victory. Build me a golden, sweet but deadly trap.

Offer me the title "Kaiser of Europe" if i let my germans stay in Russia. IF i still win in the west. Show me a map where the Ukraine belongs to the German Reich, ask me if i don't want all the glory: to become an Uber-Legend.

Something completly silly to do, and most, most unlikely to happen. But ask me anyway. You will always find someone who will follow your temptation into death.

I'm speaking for those nuts like me who agree to send the Zimmerman telegram, even though knowing about the grave consequences.

I think it would be nice to get some "bad" decision events.

Those which can endanger me if i chose to use them, some which endanger me if i chose yes or no.

Why not making, as an example, Gallipolli a decision event? Do, and pay. Don't, and suffer too.

Why not creating decision events that I can decide (and pay for), which triggers a BAD decision event for my opponent?

Ahh, but i'm dreaming again. Sorry!

Back on topic:

i don't think that a significant moment like the Fall of Russia should be handled too simplistic. The whole game is so greatly done and well designed, so that this simplistic end of Russia doesn't really fit in as well as the rest of the game parts.

At least thats how i felt when i saw the Russian end for the first time.

:)