Another thread

Yeah, well spotted Ron. I'm not really a nice person, but I do try to seem that way. Apparently it makes my life easier. On the other hand, it could be that I value dignity much more than pride, figuring it to be concommitant with respect and therefore useful in maintaining relationships. Pride can be a personal or organisational myth, but it doesn't serve in anything more than an analysis of the past. Rarely does it lend clarity to the analysis.

I've had a think about what I wrote above (well above) and I think I missed some important points (and am just plain wrong about others). The fact that you are a serving member of the USA means that you are subject to quite a few conditions that we civilians find very difficult to relate to: you're indoctrinated to understand that you are required to invest a position with not only your ego, but your life. So then an ignorant oik comes along and tells you what you should be... You're indoctrinated to accept information presented to you by certain sources as valid: it couldn't be any other way in an organisation where people's lives are going to be lost in pursuit of the mission. It is quite likely you have the integrity to maintain a secondary psyche to deal with civilians, but when the information streams available to the participants in the argument are so divergant as to be seen as deliberately engineered to be that way, the respect within the relationship must necessarily suffer. The problems you're experiencing with your relating to other members of this board are a microcosm of the problems facing our society around the globe: and they are all man-made problems.

Well, I did not mean at all that you are not a nice person, I actually like most of you(my "opponents") here..just I saw that sentence, in particular, as an almost "unconscious" opposition to something without any real thought behind it, it was why I still thanked you after it, for your kind words...so please do not think I am calling you unkind.

I guess my main point in ALL of this, is really that, again...ideas etc should be able to be debated...that doesn't mean the other side is somehow horrible, even if they believe differently. When in other threads here, I have for example posted comments about Assange, who I view from MY PERSPECTIVE as a real A-hole, mostly what I was met with was replies along the lines of "no..he says he isnt..." in the better cases, or "no..you are" type replies in the worse ones...and I am sorry, but that is a god-awful debate method.

Still, that all said, I come across myself as a LOT harsher than I feel about most of these things...but hell, like I said, I just like debate, about the issue being discussed, not resulting in flame wars about the people just because they disagree. Do I believe in Christianity as an example?yes...am I offended if someone wants to debate it, no..am I offended if someone wants to insult it? sometimes...depending on if it is for humor, or for other reasons.

With regard to indoctrination..I do not believe myself to be...but then again... if I was..would I know it :) probably not. But I do keep an open mind, about pretty much everything, just that I prefer challenges based upon something besides the emotion of the challenger.

As for you, you are , from everything I can see, not a bad guy though, so again, I did not meant to imply you are.

Not that anyone actually cares about factually refuting the "the Jews killed Christ" assertion, but...

The Jews didn't kill Christ. Individuals who happened to be Jewish and who feared negative impact on their power and prestige lied about Christ, inciting the Romans to arrest and execute him.

It's all right there in the Bible. People who assert that the Jews killed Christ (condemning an entire nation and ethnic group for the wrongful actions of a few) assert contrary to the record of the book they claim to adhere to and are a disgrace to the religion they claim to practice.

Not that anyone actually cares about factually refuting the "the Jews killed Christ" assertion, but...

The Jews didn't kill Christ. Individuals who happened to be Jewish and who feared negative impact on their power and prestige lied about Christ, inciting the Romans to arrest and execute him.

It's all right there in the Bible. People who assert that the Jews killed Christ (condemning an entire nation and ethnic group for the wrongful actions of a few) assert contrary to the record of the book they claim to adhere to and are a disgrace to the religion they claim to practice.

Couldn't have said it better myself, awesome words Dietrich.

I'm pretty sure that would get you guilty of conspiracy to commit murder these days in most places.

True, ture... I must remember it as an up front premise...mine can come a little later for the KO blow...:)

It was a fairly active conspiracy of using the Romans to do the deed. And of course, the Jewish mob had the chance to save Christ as well, but instead were whipped up by the Jewish elite to free Barabbas.

You can also make the same argument for Jean D'Arc. Captured by the French, detained by the French, sold by the French, tried by the French, convicted by the French.....but actually set on fire by the English