I decided to try out the editor to see how easy it works and ran into a problem.... I opened up the Call to Arms Campaign, made a couple of adjustments, saved it to another name and closed the editor. When running the game my save campaign does not appear in the campaign choices... I looked in the editor and my save file has a lock on it.... Can someone clear this up for me and advise how to save edited campaigns please???

Thanks

Hi Jestre,

When you launch the game your customized campaign should show at the bottom of the list of playable campaigns in 'italics'. The description for the campaign will be prefixed with a [Custom] note.

For the Editor, what appears to be a 'lock' on your campaign file is (I believe) the way Windows let's you know that this campaign is not going to be found in your 'Campaigns' folder but rather in the 'Virtual Folder' that is accessible when you navigate to within your 'Campaigns' folder in the Windows Explorer and then click on the 'Compatibility Files' tab found in the upper left portion of the Explorer.

This is just how Windows handles files that are changed in the Program Files directory and it looks like I didn't set the permissions correctly in the installer to avoid this. I will correct this for the first patch.

Hubert

• 6 months later...

I just trying to edit-out all of the artillery, buy a) removing anything from the existing map and B) removing artillery from the production queue c) setting the build limit for arty to zero for everyone. (why... because I find it truly irritating at this scale, not realistic at all).

So, I loaded the 1939 scenario in the editor, made the changes, and saved the scenario. Then loaded it in the game.

No unit of any kind showed up - completely empty map.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm hoping it is one of those obvious things that are easily overlooked.

This is the 1.03 patch, Win 7 64 bit.

Sounds very odd, can you send me your custom campaign and I would be happy to take a look... send me just the customized (cgn) campaign file and not the associated subdirectories.

Also, let me know if this occurs on the first turn, i.e. would I see this happening as soon as I load the game up or if it occurs later on in game etc.?

Send to support@furysoftware.com

Hubert

I looked at the campaign and I'm not sure why but it looks corrupted somehow in that all the major countries are set to be minors internally.

If you attempted to recreate this campaign from a clean slate and it worked then I would say to just go with that and I'll keep an eye out for the error on my end.