Andrew TF's Kubelwagen...

Does anyone know where I can get Andrew TF's Kubelwagen ( CMMOS ver. ) & Matthew Peterson's Kubelwagen ( CMMOS ver. ) as well. I'm looking to fill in some holes in CMMOS for CMBO. Before I forget; I would like to get Stontium Dog's winterized Jagdpanther ( CMMOS ver. ) too. I have his spring/summer/fall version.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Straight from the horse's mouth! Cheers, Andrew. I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your brilliant mods - uniformly fantastic and all improve an already excellent game. Please keep up the great work,

Teddy

Edit: I'd been trying Tom's site all day, but I've finally got them. Just out of interest, can anyone tell me how to CMMOS them (I'm assuming it's possible because there's a tab in the programme)?

[ January 25, 2003, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Edward Windsor ]

Originally posted by Edward Windsor:

Straight from the horse's mouth! Cheers, Andrew. I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your brilliant mods - uniformly fantastic and all improve an already excellent game. Please keep up the great work,

Teddy

Edit: I'd been trying Tom's site all day, but I've finally got them. Just out of interest, can anyone tell me how to CMMOS them (I'm assuming it's possible because there's a tab in the programme)?

They have already been converted twice (once for each set of upholstery).

If something has a CMMOS icon, it already exists in CMMOS format. Somewhere on CMHQ there should be a CMMOS version for grey, dunkelgelb, and tricolor. Not sure what color upholstery got used on the second release. Tom's site doesn't usually have mods in CMMOS format.

If memory serves the files dropped out of one of the newer versions of CMMOS, and then had to be restored several months later.

[ January 27, 2003, 07:50 AM: Message edited by: Philippe ]

Sorry, I haven't been watching this topic in a long while. Gordon sent me the Kubelwagens a while back. redface.gif

Also Strontium Dog's winter Jagdpanther for CMMOS was never done ( so I was told ) so there's no point in looking for that one.

[ January 27, 2003, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: Rob Murray ]

I've surprised myself - I seem to have tracked down and CMMOSified the elusive kubelwagens. Unless I'm missing something, it's actually pretty easy ... it had to be, otherwise I'd have had no chance.

In my anorak-like frenzy I'm also tempted to utilise the redundant winterized Jagdpanther tab for another version ... but that's another story.

Anyway, I imagine there are a lot of new players coming to CMBO with the release of the bundle, plus another bunch of existing gamers who only recently got involved with CMMOS to grab all the CMBB mods. If they're anything like me, there's nothing they'll want more than something they can't have...

So if the original artists are OK with it - AndrewTF, Mr Peterson and Mr Clark - I'd be happy to stick the kubelwagen bmps up at the database along with the original text files, pix and a couple of rule ammendments I think are needed for version 2 of Andrew's beauty (so far I've dipped out of getting involved with the upholstery, although I think it's reasonably simple to sort out by setting up another option).

If I get the nod I'll just double check I haven't cocked anything up before proceeding.

Teddy

Originally posted by Edward Windsor:

I've surprised myself - I seem to have tracked down and CMMOSified the elusive kubelwagens. Unless I'm missing something, it's actually pretty easy ... it had to be, otherwise I'd have had no chance.

In my anorak-like frenzy I'm also tempted to utilise the redundant winterized Jagdpanther tab for another version ... but that's another story.

Anyway, I imagine there are a lot of new players coming to CMBO with the release of the bundle, plus another bunch of existing gamers who only recently got involved with CMMOS to grab all the CMBB mods. If they're anything like me, there's nothing they'll want more than something they can't have...

So if the original artists are OK with it - AndrewTF, Mr Peterson and Mr Clark - I'd be happy to stick the kubelwagen bmps up at the database along with the original text files, pix and a couple of rule ammendments I think are needed for version 2 of Andrew's beauty (so far I've dipped out of getting involved with the upholstery, although I think it's reasonably simple to sort out by setting up another option).

If I get the nod I'll just double check I haven't cocked anything up before proceeding.

Teddy

Don't mean to rain on your parade, but CMMOS is the province of the CMMOS Cabal and the relevant editor rather than the mod artists.

CMMOS development is currently in temporary stasis because pressing personal problems are preventing several of us from investing any more time into it.

Having said that, the hiatus is not permanent, and really relates more to updates to the system rather than the rulesets. In any case, in a few months things should be back to normal.

There is an established set of procedures that includes testing by experienced members of the CMMOS group. In addition, you should be aware of the distinction between official and unofficial rulesets.

You can do anything you like as long as you use one of the unofficial ruleset numbers, preferably one that is not already in use. An unofficial ruleset that covers the Kubelwagen already exists, by the way.

Apart from that, you should be aware that rulesets (and in some cases) individual rules within rulesets are considered to be owned by their authors. Changing the file number on a bmp, by the way, is only the tiniest step in writing a CMMOS rule.

I can't discourage you strongly enough from putting a variant of an official CMMOS rule on a website. Tens of thousands of hours have been poured into producing a consistant and organized product, and the prospect of someone who is not familiar with the workings of the program or the workgroup posting variants is extremely disheartening.

The CMMOS bmp files that work with the ruleset were posted in the past and many people have downloaded them. They are also posted in both their versions on the CMMOS work site. These versions, by the way, work with the current ruleset. At some point in the near future we will work out an orderly way of reposting them for mass consumption. To be frank, right now we have more serious issues to contend with than the reposting of one particular set of files for one particular vehicle.

And yes, I wrote the official Kubel rule twice and did both conversions.

Originally posted by Philippe:

Don't mean to rain on your parade.

That's fine - I don't consider you as rain or tinkering with a couple of files as a parade.

I thought this may have been the case which is why I posted first and I'm more than happy to leave it at that.

Originally posted by Philippe:

The CMMOS bmp files that work with the ruleset were posted in the past and many people have downloaded them. They are also posted in both their versions on the CMMOS work site.

I knew they existed somewhere, but when I posted a request for them nobody seemed able to help. I take it the CMMOS work site has limited access - I thought I'd searched everywhere and could find no trace of them.

Cheers,

Teddy

[ January 31, 2003, 04:21 AM: Message edited by: Edward Windsor ]