Re-installing CMSF/Marines & Brits

Hi Guys

Im re-installing the above but it's asking for my elicense for CMSF(bought online not from BF though) marines and brits i got from BF as a bundle. Where is the license located for the CMSF base game? I can't find any emails with the cmsf license although i can find the Brits module email with that license on.

cheers

btw i object to this malarkey everytime i want to uninstall and reinstall games that i bought with hard earned money. I could of been playing this game for the last 2hours instead im hunting around for licence keys.

You do not need your CMSF license key (ever again) if you have a module. See our Knowledgebase here.

There is no need to hunt license keys. Keys are either printed on the product (for mail order delivered items) or stored in your online account at www.battlefront.com/store (for downloadable items).

Moon

I uninstalled the games because it said a dll was missing and the game would not start. i also unlicensed them. I reinstalled CMSF and it is now asking for a key. I have been on the store and i cannot locate where copies of my keys are stored. I may not be looking in the right place so will try again. As i said in my first post this licence stuff is really annoying.

can you advise? i think it may have something to do with me trying to update the CMSF paradox with the 1.10 patch. In what order should i install CMSF/Marines and Brits and patches upto 1.31. so that i do not get the black texture problem please.

ok i have been back into the store and i cannot find where my keys are stored. I have looked at my account, the download area and there is no sign of any keys

Please have a look at the Knowledgebase article I linked to. It explains exactly what you need to do in order to reinstall, and in which order.

You will not find your license key on our site for CMSF if you bought CMSF from Paradox. (duh) :)

For games that you did buy from us, you will find the key in your account under "orders". You need to log in with the account you used for your purchase, the click on "My Account" tab that appears in the top menu, and then click on Orders.

But - either way, you don't need the CMSF key at all if you have a module. Install CMSF, then install a module. If you activate the module, CMSF is activated with it automatically. You do not need to activate CMSF separately.

Again, the Knowledgebase explains all of this.

Martin

PS. BTW, "Missing dll" is an indication that you tried to patch and used the wrong patch.

No think it was to do with a trojan that infected my pc. I rememebr when i was trying to get rid of it that the AV said that some files in cmsf had been infected. anyway thats by the by i shall try and reinstall again fresh

You may want to be careful with 'false positives' from anti-virus programs. They will often identify some of the eLicense-protected executables as being infected with some sort of "generic trojan" due to the encryption. This can be true of the patches too, especially when they are .zip'd and the anti-virus can look through those archives.

It is still possible to get the game executables infected, especially by viruses/trojans that infect every running executable that they see load up. However such programs will usually damage your Windows installation to the point that you can't run it anymore.

Ok guys

disaster i have had to format my drive and reinstall everything. Anyway, i have been to the BF store and i can't see my licence key for my downloaded modules Brits/marines. Can you help i have searched my acoount and the downloaded area moon mentioned but i cannot see my key

cheers

You have to log in with the account that you made your purchase with AND you have to have purchased a download (or mail&download). If you bought a "mail only" delivery, then the key is printed on a label on the product itself (usually the box, sometimes on the manual).

You have to log in with the account that you made your purchase with AND you have to have purchased a download (or mail&download). If you bought a "mail only" delivery, then the key is printed on a label on the product itself (usually the box, sometimes on the manual).

Mt friend bought the brit/marines modules for me on his (Billing Address) card. The games came to (delivery address) me. I got a download plus disks delivered. There are no keys on the games or packaging that i can see.

• 2 weeks later...

You will have to know the email address that your friend use to create the account/place-the-order with. This will be the login. You most likely will not know the password, so you will need to reset it, however it will be sent to the email account associated with that store account (which will not be YOUR email address).

So you need to reset the password, which will hopefully be sent to an active email account of your friend and then they will need to forward it to you (it will be a random jumble of characters). This can then be reset to something else. You will probably want to warn your friend before doing this since this will reset any password HE may have been using for any orders for himself. Once logged in, the above instructions about finding your license key (for each product that had a download option as part of the purchase) should get you going. You can then change the password to something more easily memorized (and let your friend know what the change was).