Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

computer virus DEFEATED!

toxic.zen

I have had a few in my computing lifetime, but this last one was pretty fierce! While i was away Lyn casually opened an e-mail from what she thought was a classmate w/attachment before realizing something was fishy... at that point it was to late. She deleted the e-mail and went about business as usual. Later that evening she put it on hibernate for a while. She turns it on later and it begins. It takes forever to boot to main screen, when finally there it wont go online, and e-mail will not work. and then it goes into a restart cycle. she leaves it be and it hangs on a system restore screen till i get back. I return home and notice the screen and the air of injury about or computer and exclaim "baby what the hell is wrong with the computer?!"

"i don't know it's just acting funny"

I nod my head in disbelief and set to work. hours later after system restore gets cutoff midpoint and countless re-boots fail. I manage to get moments at a time in safe mode before the virus decides to start the re-boot cycle again. with each brief moment i am able to grab vital info i need for Lyns school projects and maps i have made for CMSF (like i said vital info!!!) after doing this for a while i tire, shut it down before it can re-boot again, and call it a night.

next morning i turn it on to see if i missed any info before re-formatting. it turns on fine as if nothing happened! I'm flabbergasted but not fooled. i notice my antivirus is gone... evil bastard wanted me to surf the web and send e-mails to spread it i imagine! anyway, i grab a few more items off the computer and put in the system disk. restart and begin the wipe drive/reformat process... I swear i could almost hear its electronic scream of frustration as it was quickly transformed into zeros...

:P