Setup Screen display issue with Demo

Yesterday I downloaded the Combat Mission Afghanistan Demo.

As I was loading up I quickly noticed that the setup screens and the associated text was tiny.

I thought that perhaps the Options might be able to help a little. I observed that I was setup with "Desktop", as it allowed my non-standard in this game resolution of 1920 by 1080.

I got out and manually changed the text file in the game folder to the 1920 by 1080 resolution. This did not change anything with the setup screens.

The battlefield itself appears fine. It looks as if the game does support widescreen correctly.

So my question is; how can I keep the 1920 by 1080 resolution in the game, yet be able to have the setup screens at least be large enough to be legible? There is too much screen real estate for this to be squished into a tiny area.

Yesterday I downloaded the Combat Mission Afghanistan Demo.

As I was loading up I quickly noticed that the setup screens and the associated text was tiny.

I thought that perhaps the Options might be able to help a little. I observed that I was setup with "Desktop", as it allowed my non-standard in this game resolution of 1920 by 1080.

I got out and manually changed the text file in the game folder to the 1920 by 1080 resolution. This did not change anything with the setup screens.

The battlefield itself appears fine. It looks as if the game does support widescreen correctly.

So my question is; how can I keep the 1920 by 1080 resolution in the game, yet be able to have the setup screens at least be large enough to be legible? There is too much screen real estate for this to be squished into a tiny area.

Are you talking about the briefing text? There is no option to change that. I believe there is a mod that makes the text easier to read, but you have to search the CMSF forum for that.

Thank you for your suggestions.

To be honest it's not the legibility of the text, it's just that it is so tiny. The setup screens take just a small fraction of the screen. The scenario readout is the most trouble. My 47 year old eyes just have trouble reading this.

Does anyone using 1920 by 1080 have this same issue?

It seems that there has to be some kind of text that establishes the size of setup screens.

I did search for the text mod this evening but couldn't find it. I searched the CMSF tech support forum back to 2008 and the Afghan forum to the beginning. I'm not really sure that this would resolve the issue. The text itself is clear, but it is tiny.

I would attach a screenshot but I haven't figured out how to do this in the game.

• 2 weeks later...