Syrians with Gill launcher in Dinas campaign?

I started playing the 'Road to Dinas' campaign by Paper Tiger before NATO came out and decided to continue on with it again the other day. When I completed the mission I was on

and started the next one titled 'The Tumah Crossing' I found my Syrian ATGM crew had somehow acquired a Gill.

I haven't heard of anyone else having this issue so maybe my save is corrupted, but if PT reads this maybe he can check what type of ATGM their supposed to have and see if it's just one isolated anomaly.

gill_syrian.jpg

Curious: Does it fire the missiles? Does it behave like a Gill or like what it's supposed to be?

I'll have to play it and just do some test firing but I'm not sure what - if anything - identifies the behaviour of the missile as being consistent with a Gill.

Edit: Just tested and it seems they are unable to target anything, a target area order will result in them continuing to spot and nothing else.