Will there be a retail (CD/DVD) version?

I'm pretty new to the SC series and really enjoying Global Conflict so far. I think WWI is an excellent choice for a new SC and I'm really excited about it. However, I still prefer to order retail versions of my games (so I've done with GC) - so my question is if there are plans to release this WWI game also as a retail version?

Guys, all i can tell you is that i - while unbelievably and to my total amazement beeing part of the beta test team - can't await the emails from my current multiplayer partner Happycat:

every Email with an attached new game turn is like christmas morning.

If you have a heart for the history of the First World War, you will love this game once it has been released.

Promised!

The AI is still growing up, so i can't comment on it yet, but multiplayer? Thats what already today is an unparalleled strategic gaming fun.

You probably know how much fun Global Conflict is.

But now imagine an even improved game engine, with another very accurat AND NEW historical setting: complete new and exciting conflicts and strategic decisions to make.

You are fighting on and about places you've never set your WW2 foot before, against proud forces and coalitions long forgotten - THATS how you want to get a new game: with complete new experiences.

WW2 has been done a couple of times, and sometime very well, too.

Be it in the Strategic Command series, the Panzer General series, or in some other great games, beginning from SSIs "Storm accross Europe" and "Clash of Steel" and all those other great games which followed step.

But WW1, easy and fun to play, that hasn't been there. Ever.

I play computer games since 1986.

From the C64 to the Atari ST, the Amiga, my first Dos computer (486, 33 mhz, 4MB Ram back in 1993) to my recent system (i7, Win 64 prof., 8GB Ram).

I played History Line, Guns of August, and some WW1 fan mods of other game engines.

All were somehow ok, but none (repeat: NONE) of them left me back with such an satisfactions as SC WW1.

And the game still getting better, from one beta version to the next.

CSS, the game engine itself has and had features that you could call random events.

Think about Subs diving away from attacks. Thats a random event.

Or think about the already announced "retreat" of land units. Thats another great "random" event. And there is more, which i can't write about having signed a NDA agreement.

Just for the records: i'm a guy just like you all, i don't get anything for writing about my feelings about the game.

All these lines are comming right from the center of my wargaming heart:

i wanted so badly a decent WW1 game, and here it comes: easy to play, historical accurate, with the best SC map ever, tons of decisions and strategical options, and still getting better day by day.

Please, don't get me wrong: i don't want to brag, or to set the hopes to high, i just wanted to write about how i feel while playing the game.

Forgive me my enthusiatic lines, or if they may sound to "cheerleading" alike in your ears-

BUT - IT - IS - SIMPLY - ALREADY -SO - MUCH - FUN to play this game in a multiplayer game.

Xwood, I commend your enthusiasm and always enjoy hearing about the new version, please continue to update us with your game vs Happycat.

Hubert, why not allow an AAR from xwood and happycat? We don't need screenshots unless you approve. I know from following WitE development that the AARs surely conjure up lots of attention from the fan base. Of course, that might be a problem, since AARs incite a lot of questions also.

Come on HC....you need to loosen up in your old age!;)

Actually SeaMonkey I think this is a great idea and with everything going on at my end it really wasn't something I had even thought about yet.

I think Bill is going to drop these guys a line to see if they are up for it, as I think it would be nice to start this with the next game played, i.e. with the next build as Bill has got already a few balancing changes he prefers implemented, and we'll go from there.

We'll keep you posted :)