Forward Observer Accuracy

I don't know how it works exactly, but, playing CM:Afghanistan calling arty during a scenario (as opposed to during the setup) I've had arty land nowhere near the intended target when the rounds were "firing for effect". Happened several times. But when I called in arty during setup, all rounds were on target.

In CM:SF/CM:A the firing from beginning of the scenario assumed well sighted and well plotted targets. While in game there were none, so accuracy followed different rules. Specifically, what the spotter was capable of doing with the weapon type he was directing.

CM:BN's artillery is understandably less accurate and the opportunities to direct fire far more limited than what's in CM:SF or even CM:A.

Steve

Researching for CMSF, artillerymen were telling us about their futuristic computer controlled adjustable shell dspersion patterns to maximize lethal effect, including firing high angle and low angle from the same gun tube with the two shells timed to land on the same target at the same moment. With anecdotes like that being told BFS was obliged to make their modern war artillery very accurate. WWII artillery comes with its own anecdotes and its own written standards and practices and battlefield reports. So Normandy artillery has been adjusted accordingly.