Detonator FX 52.16 image quality...

Gurra

Hi.

I wonder if anyone has had the same experience as me - which is: going from detonator 45.23 to 52.16 makes CMBB look ugly. I´m using a MSI FX5900 128mb, and with full driver graphics options(8xAA + 8XAniso), the game looks beautiful. But sadly, with the new Nvidia driver and the same settings, the graphics are jagged as if there was no AA at all! And the colours are strange to...This is sad, because finally the little problem with alt-Tab was gone. Is this a Nvidia screw up, or is there something with my system? Anyone has an idea?

Regards Gurra

I just switched from 45.33 to 52.16 and noticed no diference in IQ in the CM games.

I use 4xs AA with 8x aniso

I have a BFG 5900 non-ultra OC @ 436x932

You still have to alt-tab for text if you use AA, but that's no biggie.

Are you sure the old ones un-installed correctly. Maybe re-try installing the drivers?

Good luck!

Jordan "AstroCat"

Hmmm. Strange that I had this experience while you appearantly did not. Well, Could you please tell the best way to install the new driver? Because I just overwrote the old one - installed the new one into the old folder. Is this terribly wrong? Should I first uninstall, and then, so to speak, start afresh with the windows default driver?

Regards Gurra

You'll have to load them up to separate webserver that can host them. With that done the images can then be linked to in the UBB code with the URL button when you create your message (or you can manually add the UBB code, much like HTML).

If access to a webserver (there are services that allow you to host, or possibly your ISP may provide some webspace) isn't available to you then you may have to email some JPG'd screen shots to support@battlefront.com.

[ October 24, 2003, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

Thanks. I did send some pics to support and have had some discussion there. I don´t know if support will post them. But If you are interested I can still send them to you. My problem is resolved though. Here´s how: I lowered AA from 8X to 6X. Voila! It looked good again. So CMBB doesn´t accept the highest Antialiasing option, it seems, at least not for me. Also tried other games and the problem did not occur there.

Regards

Gurra

Try this with the 52.16

posted October 18, 2003 04:56 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't now what I did,but I upgraded to nvidia

to 45.23's,know when I do this the problem seems to have that you boot the game,you hear the cmbo

/cmbb music but a black screen,then you hit alt+

tab and back that fix's it but you don't have to do that,1st you right click to properties/advanced

/GEFORCE4-TI-4400/performance&quality/image settings to-performance-AA to 4x-AF-2x-texture sharping checked-then go to open gl settings to

default color depth-set to-always use-16-bpp-

then to buffer flipping mode to-use block transfer

,then to vertical sync to-default,apply and click

ok,that might do the trick,my monitor adapter-refresh rate is a optimal,this is a p-111-1.2 gig

tualitin cpu/asus-tua-266-mobo/1-gig of ecc-pc-2100-low parity-not-registerd ram/GF-4-4400-TI-Gainward-golden sample/win-98-se-monitor-m-991-dell/sony flat-trinitron/these settings might not work with other rigs but I also did this with the

nvidias-44.03's and it worked,so I did have problems before,also not to forget in bios that

(vidoe cache) or vc mode not the USWC-(uncacheable,speculative write combining)seems

to mess things up or freeze cmbo/cmbb but other mobos can do it with the right mobo-dvrs/bois set

up .

This is for mine with Windows 98-se,but the 45.23's are working good/without the problems stated above,but you can try it with Win-XP but not bad for CM,but try these settings above might boost performance and still get everything that works right,hope this helps out...... .........

[ October 18, 2003, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: TufenHuden ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IP: Logged

[ October 27, 2003, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: TufenHuden ]