Variable rarity?

One of my favourite features in CMBB/AK QBs was the unpredictable cost of some units. It made the "shopping" part fun and forced you to have a different army from battle to battle. The german selections with rare vehicles like the 251's variations showing up were particulary interesting. I know the rarity system is changed with seperate purchase and rarity point pool but will there be a hint of randomness to avoid cloned force selections? Or is rarity fixed according to selected month for instance?

It made the "shopping" part fun

Several degrees of increasingly strick rarity is in the game. I'll pass on your "made shopping fun" comment because curently we're all cussing and swearing at it. I can't comment further because I don't know yet who's going to win the fistfight. :)

Rarity is indeed variable, as are the points for the units themselves. Rarity can be turned off if desired.

The major difference between CMBB/AK's Rarity system and CM:BN is that you have a separate pool of Rarity points in CM:BN. You can spend them on any rare unit you want provided you can afford the base cost. This allows you to purchase a bunch of weak, but rare, things without having your overall force capability reduced because you can't afford non-rare stuff. This is a big improvement over the CMBB/AK system.

Steve