a work in progress

the "syrope buildings" mod...

the problem with the map is i just kinda lost myself in making a city, it was kind of fun! but didn't have a real scenario in mind... so now i have this fleshed out realized city. with a prison, big apartment buildings, office buildings, a centralized Mosque, farms, bridges, factories, outdoor theater, a park, and houses... there seem to be many possibilities. someone already suggested a sort of "prison break" scenario... this might be fun as a head to head game, with points lost for the rescuers for damage to the civilian buildings...

My immediate reaction is that based on the footprint and size of buildings this looks more like a town (mixed use industrial-residential) you'd see in the Emirates or Saudi than in Syria. Lots of cars and parking lots in that case.

Also, a mosque of that size (i.e. big enough for a dome) would have some kind of compound wall around it. While it's true nearly any space can be consecrated as a mosque if needed (just can't have a bedroom, kitchen or bathroom above it), anything with that kind of architecture would at least have an outdoor washing area (wudu), and probably a house for the imam and maybe a madrasa (schoolhouse - can be open air). They're different from Christian churches.

Good luck.

My immediate reaction is that based on the footprint and size of buildings this looks more like a town (mixed use industrial-residential) you'd see in the Emirates or Saudi than in Syria. Lots of cars and parking lots in that case.

Also, a mosque of that size (i.e. big enough for a dome) would have some kind of compound wall around it. While it's true nearly any space can be consecrated as a mosque if needed (just can't have a bedroom, kitchen or bathroom above it), anything with that kind of architecture would at least have an outdoor washing area (wudu), and probably a house for the imam and maybe a madrasa (schoolhouse - can be open air). They're different from Christian churches.

Good luck.

good points, i don't know a lot about Mosque's... I know more now! I'm gonna revise it! and no this isn't based on a real location. it started with the map center ( the Mosque and street with rows of buildings facing each other, and then i just expanded and added things were the seemed to fit. only realizing later i never really came up with a scenario :P

thankyou for the input all... :)