Inter- and Intra-Building LOS/LOF

c3k

Beautiful work LLF.

Did you ever give an ETA for release, (or did I miss it?).

Thanks. No ETA, alas - that annoying corporate job / young family thing keeps getting in the way. Plus the AI does really weird things with moving infantry in MOUT environments, so you have to keep testing and testing. That's what's holding things up -- the map itself is long done. Sorry not to have a better answer for you.

This thread is now well OT (sorry), but yes for obvious reasons, all my scenarios are on subsegments (often quite small) of the big map. The map isn't the issue -- it's getting the Editor to make Uncon infantry employ tactical movement on streets that doesn't result in Banzai charges like this:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showpost.php?p=1199704&postcount=82

It's possible but a hell of a lot of work. Especially with no event triggers or "attractors" (i.e. flags). And since the player will likely lose the scenario (take too many casualties), I want multiple AI plans for replayability value.

LLF: Bear in mind that it is extremely pleasurable for gamers to mow down uncons doing an occasional banzai charge. I mean, don't they actually do dumb things due to lack of training/common sense etc?

Plz don't feel you have to make all uncons behave like seasoned vets. Having an enemy who is smart all the time is as boring (and frustrating) as an enemy who does stupid things all the time. Variety is the spice etc.