Movement question

I am trying to move a Japanese army unit from Hanoi up towards Kumming.

But it can only seem to move 1 square & no more.Then in subsequent turns it can move no further north towards Kumming.

I have tried different move directions from Hanoi but still make no progress.

I have been able to move other army units up but not this one!

I am obviously missing something, but do not know what.

Help very much appreciated.

Right click on the Unit, select "properties", note the AP = action points. If the unit is in supply>5 then there will be no number in the parentheses and you will see the full movement allowance expressed in APs. If there is a number in ( ) then that is what the unit would have if it was in full supply and the number before it is the currently availble APs, it is not in full supply.

Now right click on the tile you want to move to and select the terrain type filling that tile. Note the required APs for moving into that tile.

If the unit does not possess the required APs to move into that terrain then the movement cannot be conducted unless that is the tile with the least amount of required APs of all the surrounding tiles taking into account enemy ZoCs AP requirements.

In other words a unit can always move at least one tile per turn, but it may not be the one you would like to move to.