Mac system crash puzzle?

Mac system crash puzzle?

Problem: Mac System crash during move #1 with CMAK scenario text file.

Downloaded "Small Operations, Storming Ashi-Shima" scenario file from Scenario Depot. This comes through as a text file, "click.php".

I set up with proper suffix for CMAK and am able to open the file in the editor & as an operation. When trying to play the scenario I confirm my set up, make moves for move #1 and hit go. Computer thinking appears on the screen and the entire computer freezes! Reboot required.

I thought it was a Mac desktop problem or a file download problem.

Ran Norton System Works. Rebuilt Desk Top. Crashed in same fashion.

Downloaded two new browsers to see if the download application was the problem. Crashed in same fashion.

Contacted Hans who graciously sent me a fresh "Small Operations, Storming Ashi-Shima" scenario file. Crashed in same fashion.

This is the 1st time any scenario files have crashed the Mac. I really can't figure out what the problem is? No big deal, just curious as to why everything works till move #1 the computer freezes. Any suggestions welcomed.

Thanks,

Robert

"Vintage" Mac 8500 with G4 400Mhz Sonnet enhancement. OS 9.1

The CMAK version sould have no effect on crashing since I use many files in 1.01 that were made in 1.0. If it was made in 1.01 and he was running 1.0 it would not show in the Operation list, so he wouldn't even be able to start the game.

Dawg Bonz how much RAM have you allocated to CMAK? I found that OS9.1 did tend to cause CM to crash more often then OS9.2.2. I fact I cannot even remember the last time CM crashed.

CMAK Version = 1.01

Ram = 187,568 K

Limited to OS9.1 with this 'vintage' Mac. OS 9.2+ is impossible with this old machine.

CM crashing is a very rare bird on this old Mac. I am at a loss to explain why I can see everything but issing move #1 orders causes the crash.

Are you all having any problems with this scenario file and your Macs?

Thanks,

Robert

Originally posted by Dawg Bonz:

Mac system crash puzzle?

Problem: Mac System crash during move #1 with CMAK scenario text file.

I have also tried loading this scenario but to no avail for whatever reason, but I have sent an e-mail to the author asking for any advice. I tried three times to load it and each time it would freeze after pressing go for turn 1. :(

I can run 'To the Volga' which is massive in comparison although it is CMBB, but the point is there shouldn't be any problem with loading this scenario and is beyond me. :confused:

I'm using an iMac flatscreen/700mhz OS 9.2.2 btw.

SKELLEN,

You have the same symptoms I have with "Small Operations, Storming Ashi-Shima" scenario file. This makes me wonder if there is not some problem with the file and Macs... not my old Mac. What it would be I have no idea. I too can run 'To the Volga' in CMBB... slowly... but it works.

If Panzerman can't get it to work then something in the text file must be a Mac related 'no go' issue.

Thanks,

Robert

Originally posted by Panzerman:

I just tried to download the battle and its no longer being hosted at the Scenairo Depot (link is broke) so I cannot try it.

The link was broke when I tried to d/l the sceanrio also, but then I e-mailed the author who kindly sent me a copy. It's just a pity I can't run it yet - oh well such is life!