Play Balancing request ! Please VOTE!!! HERE

Over the years I have tried to introduce people to play this game old, and more importantly young. As I try to groom a new future generation of gamers there is one thing that really would help that is very easy. When I am teaching my 14 year old nephew how to play, we need to be able to set HIS side at either +1 or +2 expirience, and set HIS production at +50%, +100% or +200%. It is that simple.

Instead of just being able to set the AI with these settings. Hubert has long said this would be a problem with people cheating in PBEM games or TCP games ? I do not see how? It should be very easy to should what each players settings are?

This IS a strategic request. Let us garner, and train a NEW generation of gamers so our numbers grow and do not shrink.

Make the game easier for a young person taking on a veteran, let the learn the game and then refine their play.

Please VOTE your comments, a more diverse game equals more players!!!

P.S. Thank all of you and especially Hubert!!

The way I've handled this in the past is by allowing the novice player to stay close in the competitive race, advising him of particular maneuvers to counter my play. That's of course if I'm in the advantage.

I also telegraph my moves and strategies to him so that he may learn of the different avenues of approach from the other side, and discuss my motives for the different gaming logics. It doesn't take long for them to start to pick up the peculiarities of SC and become competitve on their own.

It can also be very gratifying when I tell a player exactly what I'm going to do and then pull it off in spite of their efforts. Like when I warned Rambo I was going to do Sealion from the very start of the game and eventually blew him off the British Isles as he chose to ignore me turn after turn.:eek:

So my vote is that it is unnecessary to include a gaming hedge for your opponents when you can accomplish it by your method of play.