Technical Frustration: No Launch

Looks like a great game. Spent the better part of last night attempting to load it on ALL THREE of my PC systems; Windows 7 Laptop (Above), Vista Desktop, and XP Desktop.

Would install, and successfully licensed. Upon launch (UAC settings applied for 7/Vista), nothing after about 30 seconds of spinning circle. XP would give a "CMA failed to start. Send error report?"

CMBB & CMAK work on my XP Box just fine.

Running ZoneAlarm firewall and antivirus.

Attempted to patch up to v 1.02; same result. Please help, lest I have just burned $45.

Normally you can only license on two PCs, which means if you want to install the game on third you have to UNlicense on one of the other PCs. Try to unlicense on the Vista or Win7 pc and try to install again on the XP to see what the problem is about.

For what it's worth, the game should run fine on all three systems. Can you be more specific about any error messages you get?

I'm not sure if the full/retail version of ZoneAlarm has this utility, but the free firewall versions do. Go to the 'Programs and Features' control panel and look for the 'ZoneAlarm Toolbar'. If you can find it, then uninstall it. This particular utility interferes with eLicense and the only solution we're aware of is to uninstall this utility. The rest of your ZoneAlarm suite should be fine and functioning.

Thanks for the quick (and accurate) responses. I should have known ZA would be the culprit... and a quick search on that term yielded the answer.

It was uninstalling the ZA toolbar, as was suggested.

After that, up and running on both the Vista & 7 machines. Chalk up a day lost to fighting the Muj. What an incredible advance from CMBB!

Now I will hafta convince myself NOT to try and take this to the north German plain... if CMSF: NATO offers that....

Thanks, all!