Install problem

tiger123

I`m trying to install CMAK. Using XP o/s

On loading from the CDV discs I am at ver1.0.I run the game and all seems well.

I have d/loaded CDV patch 1,03.

When I try to runthe patch I get "What path do you want" or similar. Odd since I remember this being auto. I give it the path c:\program files\Combat Mission AfrikaKorps from the brower.and it seems to install OK. But on starting the game V1.0 remains and hangs when I try to run newish scenario(Peiper operation).

Always did this if not patched OK.

Have d/loaded patch twice with same result

Any Ideas

I assume that the patch attempts to read a setting from the registry on the path to install to, but I don't really know for sure. When you manually type out the path, you have to make sure that it is absolutely correct. You should open up the Windows Explorer file manager and double-check it. You may even find that a previous patch has its own directory now.

The file I have for the CDV version of the 1.03 patch is 7,590,043 bytes in size (NOT 'Size on disk') and has a file name of 'CMAK_v103_Patch.exe'. Actually this file can be used on almost any of the pre-eLicense versions of CMAK (except possibly the CDV 'Anthology' of the CMx1 series).

I can't recall since I don't have a CDV version of CMAK, but there may be a chance that the executable file of the CDV version is NOT getting replaced. Instead a file is copied that uses the Battlefront version of the file name ('CM Afrika Korps.exe') instead of the CDV version ('CM3.exe' ?). If that is the case, then you need to modify your shortcut (or create a new one) to point to this new executable file name. Then you should see "1.03" in the lower right hand corner for the version.

When the 1.03 patch came out I believe CDV had stopped supporting CMAK/CM3. So the patch was released to support the CDV distribution too (in terms of its disc-copy protection, I believe).