The Peng Challenge Thread Has Lunch and it's Dutch Treat

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dearest Joe,

Your beating about the head with a croquet mallett has been in hiatus for more than several days...suggest you send a turn in order that I may smite you further.

Hugs.

Yeah, yeah, yeah whatever. Turn's on the way. I don't recall you being so anxious to get a turn when you were losing.

Joe

I was contemplating the negative implications of anything 'Dutch' recently...we have Dutch courage...Dutch ovens...Dutch treats...why is it that the Dutch are so often associated with unsavoury things as opposed to savoury things...like french fries and chicken wings?

Delusions of adequacy in his case.

Be that as it may, I must say that you are one of my least favourite whipping boys. I mean, beating Boo constantly and without mercy is at least amusing to me, Boo takes it on the chin and goes down fighting.

[sneer]You[/sneer] on the other hand go down pissing and moaning, whining about the unfair setup of the scenarios you select and delaying turns when things head south in an almost Seanachian display of procrastination.

You Sirrah!, are no Deputy Backup Justacarrot! (not that that is a good thing either)

Be that as it may, I must say that you are one of my least favourite whipping boys. I mean, beating Boo constantly and without mercy is at least amusing to me, Boo takes it on the chin and goes down fighting.

[sneer]You[/sneer] on the other hand go down pissing and moaning, whining about the unfair setup of the scenarios you select and delaying turns when things head south in an almost Seanachian display of procrastination.

You Sirrah!, are no Deputy Backup Justacarrot! (not that that is a good thing either)

Damned straight I'm not ... I am the Beloved Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread an don't you forget it boyo.

As to our game ... I will admit that the digital Gawds of War have not yet seen fit to favor my side with an abundance of propitious portions in our current and ongoing match. That's hardly whining nor pissing and moaning either ... merely a statement of FACT.

Joe

I was contemplating the negative implications of anything 'Dutch' recently...we have Dutch courage...Dutch ovens...Dutch treats...why is it that the Dutch are so often associated with unsavoury things as opposed to savoury things...like french fries and chicken wings?

Because the English, who are the source of these phrases, didn't get along with the Dutch for several centuries. Both countries survived by engaging in trade with colonial empires and were competitors in establishing and maintaining those empires. All in all, the Dutch were not as great a threat as the French, who were held to be unspeakable, but they were very annoying from time to time.

Hope this clears things up for you, you uneducated, ignorant twit.

Michael

We had a local college here, their team name was the "Flying Dutchman"....some politically correct anal oriface deemed that the name was offensive to the Dutch, so they changed it to "The Pride". Tell me now how do you dress up a sideline mascot to resemble a "Pride".

Perhaps Lions may now be offended......or maybe they mean the emotion? Who knows, in todays PC world nothing makes sense.

Tell me....why is a "Redman" no good for a team name, but an "Orangeman" is just fine?

Because the English, who are the source of these phrases, didn't get along with the Dutch for several centuries. Both countries survived by engaging in trade with colonial empires and were competitors in establishing and maintaining those empires. All in all, the Dutch were not as great a threat as the French, who were held to be unspeakable, but they were very annoying from time to time.

Hope this clears things up for you, you uneducated, ignorant twit.

Michael

You are quite wrong, except for the part about Stuka being an uneducated, ingnorant twit.

What's negative about a Dutch oven?

But in other news, 98-2???? Wow! Awesomely uneven score there! All I can say is that Joe must have been channeling his beloved Cowboys.

Boo's Sherman 76's fall to the gun of the Tank Hunter, his sneeesky Infantry platoon is engaged at range by my rifle squads then suppressed by an 81mm mortar then routed at close range by my SMG squads...it's good to be a military genius!

Boo's Sherman 76's fall to the gun of the gameyTank Hunter, his sneeesky Infantry platoon is engaged at range by my gamey rifle squads then suppressed by a gamey 81mm mortar then routed at close range by my gamey SMG squads...it's good to be a gamey military genius!

Fixed that for ya.