1) Unit disappears, but no marker ? plus Sound Contact ? in CMSF and CM:N ?

scottie

1) In CMx1 when an enemy unit disappears from view an ICON is left on screen. This is great , in large scale battles it reminds the user that a threat may exist in this area. Why doesn't CMx2 do this ?

Really feel this is missing from game play.

2) Think i saw another post about this but cant find it sorry , its the old SOUND CONTACT icon. Can we expect this in CM:N ?

Thanks

Scott

regarding the marker when a units is was visable and now isnt. How difficult can it be ? CMSF manages changing the colour of the icon if one unit can see it and another cant , isnt no eyes on target just another STATE , i.e nobody can see it , make marker a (?) question mark + remove unit from the map. Ps , granted i dont know your code and im sure BF can explain but from a user perspective it appears much of the work is done.

Was thinking of the QUESTION MARK in CMAK. Maybe getting confused actually. In CMAK the ? stays on the map even if the unit has moved off. It will then disappear or be updated to a new location .... CMSF has the DULLED icons , i took this to mean the unit was in this location.

Put it this way, was playing TIRDENT VALLEY and when a unit was hidding the ICON appeared to disappear altogether.

But i have seen units with DULLED OUT icons too that stay on the map but nobody can appear to target them. (maybe someone could but i just didnt find the correct unit that could see it).

So is the logic this:

1) if no unit has eyes on an enemy unit the icon disapears from the map

2) if one unit has eyes on the enemy unit the icon stays on the map but it dulled for all units bar the one unit that has eyes on

3) if a unit has eyes on then the icon is highlighted / bright.

So what im saying is that under option 1 the icon appears to disapear. So if the unit crawls away outwith teh visability of the oppnent why not leave the icon on screen with a ? and update it once a fixed location is known.

Thinking about this , its more than a state change i guess, if it was easy it would be done.

I'm still not sure if I follow completely, in CMSF if none of my units see the enemy but have seen it, I am left with a "?" icon at their last known locale. This icon disappears if the enemy appears back in view or my troops find them dead in a ditch.

Are you sure you have no units selected thus you get the entire battlefield view, seeing all spotted enemies and icons.