New file at the Repository: CMA Only about 10 minutes (2010-10-19)

****** SPOILERS **************

Nice miniature (well, more casualties than in a lot of larger games).

Very much a CM1 feeling about the scenario.

Got a minor victory with 2 minutes left on the clock (failed friendly casualties). But I wonder what circumstances would a real Russian commander have urged to do it this old fashioned way in the 1980's, and not to bring in some high explosives?

Absolutely loved this mission. Very much like the original its based off of, but seeing my troops charge across the open field under heavy fire while the supporting forces are giving buddy aid to their fallen comrades was probably one of my favorite moments throughout the entire CMx2 series. Casualties don't really matter I find since all you have to do is kill all of the enemy, an easy feat with two full companies. Overall, a brilliant little scenario to watch, but a very simple play.

My goals with this scenario are mainly two:

a) One scenario fast and fun for novice players, to begin to understand the mechanics of the game without too many problems.

B) A good comparison between a "combat mission" game and army: CMBB, CMSF (3 version) and CMA.

So wait ... "Only about...." in Normandy.:D

The CMA scenario is very similar to CMBB in my opinion; the numbers of units are the same, but in CMBB is more difficult.

P.S. No intention of a historical scenario.