Please Help!!!!!!

totalwar14

Perhaps incorrect multi-core utilization? I seem to recall something about a setting that you could adjust in the game for this. Check out the game options and look for CPU or core usage. If it's on, uncheck it and try again. If it's not on, check it and try again :)

Which particular game is this, TOW 2 Africa 1943 or Kursk 1943 ?

Are you playing the campaigns when things slow down ? If so, then this is a common complaint of users who even have high performance computers (particularly Kursk 1943). Using the Battle Generator or Simple Editor to create your own battles, do you still see the same performance problems ?

I'm not sure if this setting works, since some of the .INI file fields are not actually used. Open up the file 'video.ini'. In a default install to a 32-bit version of Windows the file will be located here:

'\Program Files\Battlefront\Theatre of War 2\users\video.ini'

Look for the line that says "UseOneCPU=". Typically this setting will be "0" (zero). This is what you want if you have a multicore CPU. If you just want to use one core, then set this to "UseOneCPU=1". This is probably the opposite of what you want to do in this case. You may want to experiment with this setting to see if it actually makes a difference or not during the more intense parts of the game.

I'm not sure how well optimized the current TOW 2 engine is in multi-core/multi-threaded terms. Typically there will only be a certain amount of performance gain with a multi-core CPU that is being used effectively.

Which Windows version do you have ? Depending on which version of Windows you're running, there may be some additional steps to help a bit with mulit-core setups.

I am running it with a pentium 4, and nividia GS8600. I have to run it on 1/2 speed, but it really is no big deal. I always prefer to slow the pace down just a bit. Too bad the option is no there for MP, or atleast I could not find it. Try playing 1/2 speed. It is fast enough.

I am having problems also. I have an AMD Quad 2.5, 4 Gig ram, and Nvidia 460. I went into the video file mentioned and changed the cpu number, didn’t help. As stated by someone else, I can run fine in ½, but this ticks me off, like a squeaky bearing.

I can run every game (and I have a HUGE selection) at max graphics and very good FPS. Anyone else have any ideas?