Favorite Sound Mods and other endorsements?

There are several sound mods out, and I am curious to know what ones people have found they like. I am currently on the Brit campaign so I am a little hesitant to use the chatter mods, but its so good (hats off) I am thinking I can imagine part of my command is in an active operation with US forces.

There are a couple of different versions of this, as well as people building off Mords excellent work.

Also any other of the sound mods people could recommend, as well as any additional mods people like that work with the Brit campaign would be appreciated.

Mods Currently Installed:

Brit Cammo Netting (A++)

Blue Urban Cammo + Faces (Haven't noticed it in Brit Camp, but looked awesome)

Unit Emblems (A++)

Scipio Silhouettes (A++)

Icon Bases

Note: I tried the Weap Icons, which a lot of people liked, but it was hard for me to see quickly who was injured, and Nato Icons which also was recommended are not familiar to me at all and would lead to more confusion.

Thanks

Well Mords US Vehicle has become my latest must have. It has faint radio chatter as you pass near a vehicle. Very cool and immersive. Here: http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=93398

The mods that add more emotional voices work for me. What other game can have a SGT scream out "Shoot those sock suckers!" when you target an enemy ;)

AKDs Weapons and explosions mod has stayed on too.

Thanks for the kind words Waaarg.

I'd suggest from me, Allah's Army sound mod, Death Knells, and my Vocal Mayhem and Brit Cuss mods. I got a new unit icon mod out too. Vincere kindly mentioned my US AFV mod and I prefer that to the background mods I made...it works well when using US Vehicles...I have been trying for some time to make a Brit version. Also my Fighter and Combatant uni mods are cool.

If you aren't into Scipio's mod there is another using the base game weapon icon (bright colors) but has blood added to the yellow wounded...don't know if it was updated for Brits though.

Birdstrike did some nice green Brit vehicles (Wolf and Jackal), which can be found on GreenAsJade's site.

Angryson did a subtle dirty Brit uni mod I like a lot too.

Weapon Sounds I use a combo of AKD's stuff, Nemboo and Oddball. That's why modding is the game within the game LOL.

Mord.

P.S. Thanks Vincere!

Only sound mods I'm using so far are AKDs...Highly recommend these though I haven't tried others, 10x better than stock sounds...There is also a small british AKD sound mod that changed the L85 variants to sound great...

Definitely, though I'm currently loving the sounds in the HD Mod from Ryujin.

Why thank you Zebulon Pleasure Beast II (that was fun to type!). I uploaded a small patch for my sound mod for use with CM Afghanistan to the repository, and I'm updating it with a few improvements right now. I'll wait until after NATO is published before updating the full mod to v1.2, which will cover CMSF + all modules + CMA.

Thanks guys. I have DL'ed every recommended Mod here, plus most of yours Mord. And no problem, all of you guys do amazing work. Couple things, one specifically for you Mord:

In the Vocal Mayhem mod, there is a base folder, and 2 branch specific folder. What happens if I have marines in, and am playing Army, what happens? In the Brit campaign there are Marines and Army, and I forget things like this all the time. I go into this more further down, but what should I look for to tell if this mod is up and working? Is there an easy scenario you can think of I can easily test this?

I have a question on installing the Mods. I don't know if my search string was off or not but couldn't find the answer. I have been using

As far as the game/mods/z folder is concerned....what can the game use as far as file structure and type? Can it see and use compressed files (zips, rars), is there any characters in folder names it will ignore, and how deep in a file tree structure does it look?

Its hard to tell when a mod is active and took place so want to make sure mods are active. I didn't test each mod to see if it took, and installed some times 8 mods at a time

Hey Waaarg.

If you have the Marines folder in and are playing Army you'll just get slang/terminology that is used by Marines. Some of the obvious differences between the two would be Army guys might call a fellow soldier troop...or soldier...jarheads wouldn't use those terms. It's only branch specific because I made it that way...the wav files are still named the same regardless so basically you are getting a wav that is labeled say "US move quick 1"...that wav will play whatever is recorded under that name...like "Move your ass soldier!" And then say, in the Marine's folder, that exact same wav "US move quick 1" might be "Get your asses in gear Marines!"

To check it would be easy. Just load up a scenario in RT and start issuing orders like move quick and listen for possible cuss words LOL. If you don't have another US voice mod loaded the file should work fine as long as it's in the z folder...just make sure you have the base + Army or Marines.

I don't think the z folder reads zips or rars...it'll read bmps, wavs, text files, and brzs.

The z folder prioritizes the highest number of a file/folder name or the letter furthest down the alphabet...example if you had two exact mods for humvees and one was called humvee 1 and humvee 2...humvee 2 would be loaded...or say humvee A and humvee B...B would loaded.

The game will check through as many subfolders that you have until it finds the mod.

Mord.

Thanks Mord. That answered everything. I unloaded all the mods, and it is a totally different feel. I installed most of them in 2 big batches so didn't notice how big of a difference they really made. Its not a discredit to BF, I don't mean that at all, 100% as a credit to you guys.