Video-card stuff.

Guest mch

Hello all!

I was wondering what I should set my refresh rate to.

On my system Info panel,It's configured to "optimal." On my video card(Voodoo 2)

I currently have at 60hz.my prefs.file

is set to 60hz also.

What will changing it do?Will changing it

make the game run faster/slower?

The "highest" I can change it to is 85hz.

Some of the larger scenarios(lots of vehicles esp.) run kinda slow,so just seeing what I can do,short of buying a 32md card....

(wich I might do...anyone recommend a good one?)

I also have a Voodoo2 and have tried changing the refresh rate. It seems every time I do it just resets back to 60hz at 800 x 600. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

------------------

I'm always in the ****, it's only the depth that varies.

I believe the Voodoo 2's max out at 800 x 600 and 16-bit color (can't remember if these limitations are platform specific). Is this a Mac or a PC system ?

Basically the refresh rate will only help with "flicker" on the monitor. It will not speed up the 3D rendering. In fact a slightly higher refresh could slow it down a bit (depending on the hardware of the video chip/video card).

I'm not selling anything but I'm using a TNT2 16 Mb (Guillemot Xentor), which is the card that gave birth to the current GEForce and GEForce 2.

Anyways, it runs on my system at 1024 x 768, 75MHz, AGP2, and on Windows 2K no less.

I can use Madmatt's graphics with low rez grass, and I could never go back to anything but D3D, and this is only with the demo since I'm Canadian and our so-called heritage minister apparently won't let CM past the border since there's not enough CANCON in it! To think that us northerners could be sullied by the influence of our southern neighbours. However could we remain distinct! I'm also an ex-Brit and enjoy a bit of "the lowest form of wit"!.

If you can't get this with your card, and you want some great graphics with CM it probably time to upgrade or tweak the hell out of it. I don't believe that the V2 can do higher resolutions as well, if at all. I had a V1 myself, but put it on the kids' PC a while back.

Regards,

Ralph D